1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Climate Change] Winter Watch 2015-2016

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

A dying ocean, that's for sure.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Unbelievable. Humans are weird.

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

My point exactly. When I don't link to NASA, NOAA, government sites, university sites or journals, I at least link to a reputable news source (i.e. Reuters). Here is how this is actually done:

[rQUOTEr]
    Was the Recent Slowdown in Surface Warming Predictable?

The temporary deceleration in warming across the Northern Hemisphere earlier this century could not have been foreseen by statistical forecasting methods, a new study concludes.

To test this hypothesis, Mann et al. combined estimates of the Northern Hemisphere’s internal climate variability with hindcasting, a statistical method that uses data from past events to compare modeling projections with the already observed outcomes.

The team’s analyses indicate that statistical methods could not have forecast the recent deceleration in surface warming because they can’t accurately predict the internal variability in the North Pacific Ocean, which played a crucial role in the slowdown.[/rQUOTEr]

And the abstract:

Here we have Michael Mann, one of the biggest supporters and most well known climate researchers, making the case that there was a pause and that it was not predictable.

But but there was no pause...but but science can't be debated...

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Whether there was a pause or not is debateable - you are talking about statistical forecasting of a complex system.

But what is not debatable is that the oceans are losing oxygen, reefs are dying, ecosystems are changing, and the cause is from man-made Co2 emissions.

5. Cohete Rojo

Yet you refuse to or are incapable of providing supporting evidence.

6. Cohete Rojo

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I and many others have already posted the evidence ad nauseum and you just dismiss it.

But look, I don't know what will convince you. If the fact that all these organizations:

United Nations IPCC
    American Meteorological Society
    NOAA
    U.S. National Academy of Sciences
    NASA
    EPA
    American Geophysical Union
    National Center for Atmospheric Research
    Royal Society of the United Kingdom
    Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society
    Science Council of Japan, Russian Academy of Science, Brazilian Academy of Sciences, Royal Society of Canada, Chinese Academy of Sciences, French Academy of Sciences, German Academy of Natural Scientists Leopoldina, Indian National Science Academy, Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei (Italy), Royal Society (UK) (PDF File)
    Australian Academy of Sciences, Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Sciences and the Arts, Brazilian Academy of Sciences, Royal Society of Canada, Caribbean Academy of Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, French Academy of Sciences, German Academy of Natural Scientists Leopoldina, Indian National Science Academy, Indonesian Academy of Sciences, Royal Irish Academy, Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei (Italy), Academy of Sciences Malaysia, Academy Council of the Royal Society of New Zealand, Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, and Royal Society (UK)

Say climate change is happening. (https://www.wunderground.com/resources/climate/928.asp)

If you don't trust all of those entities - then what can I do to convince you?

8. Cohete Rojo

Still nothing. Absolutely pathetic on your part.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

What is it you are seeking? BBob got into the science with you and you just ignored him. Sounds to me you just dont really want to see the facts and just want to believe that it's all a hoax. It's not, it's very real and it's very sad that many people don't care or want to believe it. History is not going to be kind on you.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

No it will not. I said it above, "humans are weird" Perhaps he thinks Sweet Lou 4 2 is pathetic because he listed Royal Society U.K. twice.

It really does show you that even when confronted with actual facts on an issue, no matter what it is people will dismiss them. This debate has been going on for 1000's and 1000's of posts, and is now simply stating I want supporting evidence.

Try google.com there will be millions of pages that will pop up that will help you.

I have a feeling no matter what is posted here NOTHING I mean NOTHING would change your mind.

You could have a panel of people from all the best Universities in the world with PhD's talk and explain with simple explanations how and what is happening and nothing. I've seen the videos of Ted Cruz looking dumbfounded. It's the same exact thing.

When you really break down this little enigma to its' essence. I would say it is more an psychological issue than anything.

11. Cohete Rojo

I'm not debating B-Bob, and I don't recall debating him in this thread. I'm debating you. You made these claims about reefs, oxygen, etc. You need to support your argument with some evidence. Your attempt at googling could have at least used somr filters (site:.gov, -blog, etc).

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I did, I sent you two links to a google search that led to lots of articles on those subjects. They aren't 80 page scientific reports so it shouldn't take you more than a few minutes to read up on them

I don't have the time to be your research assistant so you can just take what I post and say it's garbage. I am not here to debate you for the joy of debating. It bothers me that you don't know the truth and are uninterested in learning the truth.

13. Cohete Rojo

LOL. You are a joke. Good bye.

Ignored.

14. dmoneybangbang

Just admit you don't care about the science, it's painfully obvious.

15. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

16. Cohete Rojo

Scientists are interested in citing their sources. If you want to back his statements, please supply some evidence. A half-assed googled search is pathetic.

17. dmoneybangbang

LOL the funny thing is about people like you, you refuse to believe something if someone doesn't put it right in front of you. Folks like you are a joke because you have the world's knowledge at your finger tips but still make people spell it out for you.

18. dmoneybangbang

This isn't a scientific forum.... You could easily corroborate what he says with a google search.... but you play the dumb @ss card and make people do what you could easily do.

19. Cohete Rojo

Another troll. It isn't up to me to prove his point. You both know better, perhaps.

20. dmoneybangbang

LOL. No, but it is your choice to not believe his point when you can verify whether or not what he says he real.

YOU CHOOSE, to sit on your hands and wait for someone to wave the "evidence" in your face. Remember, you CHOOSE to do so.