1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cleveland gaining steam in the LeBron James hunt?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Nook

Nook Member

I think he has so much money, fame and control that he feels that he can make the decision and announcement on his own time and when he is ready to do it. I don't think that it is vindictive at all, I just think that he doesn't want to announce it yet. He wants to speak to family members, is working at his camp that he loves and is literally just doing what he wants.

He literally has been square in the spotlight since he was 14 years old, and now at nearly 30 he is a man and deals with things confidently and in the way he wants. He knows where he is going and his family knows, and for him that is good enough right now. He doesn't care if NBA fans don't know, other teams don't know or even Riley doesn't know.

2. Marteen

Marteen Member

His website is back up. Same as yesterday. Nothing new.

3. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is the first instance of LeBron's decision being mentioned by someone he has a Financial Relationship with?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>.<a href="https://twitter.com/KingJames">@KingJames</a> shouldn't leave his phone unattended...look what we found... <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LeBronWatch2014?src=hash">#LeBronWatch2014</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LeBron?src=hash">#LeBron</a> <a href="http://t.co/fK9Jz69lZZ">pic.twitter.com/fK9Jz69lZZ</a></p>&mdash; Beats Music (@beatsmusic) <a href="https://twitter.com/beatsmusic/statuses/487352337367724032">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Thinking it over with recent rumors I think it's still possible he re-signs for 1 year. That would fall in with the idea he's been pretty unsure on what to do.

5. loveofthegame44

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He will sign with the Cavs for 3 years with an opt out after 2.

Free agency in 2016 might be the best ever.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source close to LeBron James' agent Rich Paul has told Newsradio WTAM 1100 that his decision will be announced by 11:00 pm tonight.</p>&mdash; Nick Camino (@NickCaminoWTAM) <a href="https://twitter.com/NickCaminoWTAM/statuses/487354195649888257">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Take it for what its worth. But at least its not Amico spouting this garbage.
    Gives me a little bit of hope.

8. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

I didn't think it was going to happen but it is looking like it will. I hope so for the Cavs fans.

9. bratna8

bratna8 Member

He has to go back to Cleveland. He would've announced right away if he was returning to Miami. No way he does this to Cleveland again.

10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Lebron, Durant AND Dwight! The internet might break

11. finsraider

finsraider Member

He will make the best decision for him.

We should know better after watching the Parsons dilemma unfold.

12. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

i criticized lebron last time he handled it...but this time, i put zero blame on him. he and his camp have kept completely quiet. this is all media driven...if anyone is to blame its the broussards of the world. stop with this source stuff, its nothing more than speculation passed off as news.

13. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And to think by tomorrow it'll all be over.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Come on. James and his camp have done nothing to dispel the attention and have taken their sweet time.

15. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Talk Parsons out of picking up 3rd year option and sign Durant to Max

Bosh/Harden/Dwight/Durant

S&T Bosh for Lebron

Dwight/Durant/Harden/Lebron

16. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Can't come soon enough..

17. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

I just heard from my sister's boyfriend's cousin's doorman's 2nd niece twice removed who knows a guy who works at a car wash where LBJ's uncle goes every other Thursday that he will definitely announce his decision tonight unless he doesn't.

You heard it here first!

18. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

19. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

I heard this as well

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Sorry. Not Legit unless Sam Amick re-tweets.