1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clemens craves October run

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by tested911, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Awesome!!!!!

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

We're not talking on a consistent basis. We're talking about one year, 2007. If you can't see that the Yankees have some significant obstacles next year and some very real threats to them, I don't know what to tell you.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

great freaking movie!

4. codell

codell Contributing Member

Don't know if anyone else has mentioned it, but if I was one of Clemen's teamates, I'd be pissed at those comments.

As far, I am disappointed in that.

5. msn

msn Member

Baseball is not a waste of time. Ever.

28 teams failed to make the WS. Did they "waste their time"?

Of course the goal--and the only acceptable end--is winning. But every day in the Major Leagues 15 teams lose. So if I win a tough, well-pitched, well-defended game 2-1 in 11 innings, did the guys in the other dugout "waste their time"?

What a load of koala crap. (with apologies to RM95)

On a related note, every time I see that thread title part of my brain expects or superimposes the word "attention" where the words "October run" appear.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Most koala's don't crap rainbows, so we're good. And I agree with the rest of your post. :)

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

How is it a waste of time when you get paid $12MM for it? I'd love to waste my time that way. And don't tell me money doesn't have anything to do with it. Prove it! But he can't because money has everything to do with it. His first season here, it wasn't about the money. I believe it was about playing at home and his family.

But when Clemens figured out he could make an extra $10-20MM per season, it then became about the money, as his pompous grandstanding every offseason has proven.

8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This guy isn't going anywhere......Roger gets to drive in from Memorial to work 1/2 - 3/4 of the season and the postseason.He's home....AND he has leverage like a mother.Despite his age,he's the best in the game when he's on the mound....and a cash cow for Uncle.
    Roger's negotiating with Drayton.No matter how it sounds, he wants the necessary moves to be made to be in the playoffs.....and he wants plenty of dough.

#68 Plowman, Feb 1, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

4 real..

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't like Roger. He's an ass. He is greedy. He is also really good.

Most importantly he's fun to watch. When you go to a ball game and watch him pitch, it is fun, because he's such a competitor. He wants to win so bad, and is really into the game. I don't know how he will hold out, but he is fun to watch.

I'm really torn on Roger.

11. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

I don't understand what is greedy or selfish about keeping his options open. His comments about being on a team with a shot make perfect sense, especially at this point in his career. His teammates don't have anything to be pissed about as far as I can tell when you talk about the run support they've given the guy the last two years. Or rather the lack of run support. Appreciate what he's done for us, be glad you got to see him pitch and especially as a 'Stro, and hope he comes back. If not wish him well and good luck. Geez.

Whether you think the Yankees have problems or not, they more than likely will make the playoffs. Even if the team proves to have shortcomings, they will just go and acquire whatever they need as the season progresses.

12. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Wouldn't be a letdown at all, I say good riddance and time to move on...we are still fielding a pretty good team without him and his Yankee sibling (Pettite).

I wholeheartedly agree that he's merely paving the road for a return to NYC, which is fine by me as long as he doesn't take pot shots at the organization/his former teammates...not after the way this organization and the entire city of Houston has treated him; he's been treated like royalty here, and paid like one too. It's fine if he want to move on or do something else, I personally wouldn't care much if he does, just stay classy.

Just go home, Roger...you know, your real home.

#72 tigermission1, Feb 4, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2007