1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Classy Lakers Move: Want To Pay Fisher Less

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tofu--, Jul 5, 2010.

1. tofu--

tofu-- Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AlDZYdyYzdnqytSk0om19vK8vLYF?slug=ys-freeagentbuzz070410

Way to just ream the player that saved the Lakers championship run. I hate Fisher with everything I have though, so him getting gipped fills me with cruel delight.

2. mattz1122

mattz1122 Member

He doesn't deserve to get paid very much. He was a liability more often than not, which is why they brought in Blake.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Blake is no upgrade over fisher . Fisher should join the celtics and make kobe pay

4. AGBee

AGBee Member

2.5 million is still about 1.25 million per big shot he hits in the playoffs.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

wow, distasteful to say the least.

Fish could get a $4 mil deal from any team.

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Fisher is probably the worst starting pg in the nba

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

agreed. He gets burnt more than anybody else on D.

8. WillG

WillG Member

but he hits the big shots when they count

9. Dei

Dei Member

So did Steve Novak.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Fisher is a total dog. The only reason he's in the NBA is because Kobe is the SG. No other team in the NBA has any use for Fisher. He should take what the Lakers offer or just retire. They aren't obligated to pay him for what he's done in the past.

In all fairness, Fisher deserves props for playing way above his head in some of their playoff games. But if the Lakers actually had a decent PG, they would have beaten the Celts in 5 games and would have swept the Thunder.

11. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

He hits them when they count, his job start in the post season.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

What I find funny here is most people on this BBS think that Ariza is overpaid at around 5M per year while Fisher deserves 4 mill a year?

Clutch doesn't mean much when you get burnt on D and are very inconsistent on O. Even if you hit a big shot or two, how many games will your team lose because your opponent always goes off for 20+ points? Not to mention all the wide open shots you'll miss.

And not wanting to pay Fisher a lot doesn't have anything to do with being underhanded or classy, its a business and this is sound basketball management. I guess Isiah Thomas was the classiest person in NBA history then, because he paid Starbury, Eddy Curry and Jerome James more money than they deserve, right? ;)

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

Damn near everyone bashed Fisher during the playoffs saying every PG would take advantage of that matchup.

Now people complain that the Lakers are being classless. How are they being classless? This is a business and damn near every team would want a guy who is older and not as good to take a paycut.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

...retire Fish
    retire

15. RockyChamp

RockyChamp Member

He deserves the $5mil contract for the upcoming year. He has earned it. He doesn't deserve a multi year contract however. People who keep bringing up his big shots...its true he his them late in the 4th but how bout the rest of the 40+ minutes? he's arguably the worst player on the floor for that duration and hes' one of the culprits for the Lakers being in a situation where a big shot or play is needed.

16. Audioout

Audioout Member

To be fair, while Fisher gets burnt on D more often than not he did a pretty serviceable job on Ray Allen.

More importantly, like him or not, he's their enforcer. Remember what he did to Scola? (the basterd) The Lakers are soft enough as it is without replacing Fisher with Blake.

17. Audioout

Audioout Member

Also, all this talk of hitting shots when they count is silly. They all count. Adelman said once (that I remember) that the good teams don't have to make big shots to win.

18. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

I second that, ive had enough daggers stuck through my heart from that 33 pound head Mother (Bleep)!!!

19. RockyChamp

RockyChamp Member

how many championships has Adelman won?

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sounds like the Lakers are tight on money. Still gotta pay Phil. First Phil, now Fisher :p