1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Classy Knicks Fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Caris

Caris Member

Huh? This is the first time I've heard of this. Where can I find the source? Thanks!

2. kozmo

kozmo Member

the knicks suck. they are god awful and have been for 40 years....Lin was hope for a fan base that deserved a good team. He came in and changed bball in NY.....

Melo couldn't deal with it, he wasn't the guy and still isnt but he wanted Lin gone. Melo and the price tag sent him to Houston. After the strong start the Knicks did what I knew they would do, fade into this horrible team we're seeing now. They made the decision to go with an old fat and slow team....the management for the knicks deserve what they are getting and I knew they would all along ......nothing...a team that is destined to failure. And now they have 2 players on that team that have any trade value....melo and smith, the question is? who would want them? Melo will never win a championship and smith is divisive..... they are done for years. They let go young upcoming player who made the city love the knicks again......good job

3. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

Conspiracy theories follow Lin from team to team.

4. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Agree. Team with full of seniors. This is what Woodson wanted, all vets. 39 or 40 years old with 3 years contract, what a GM! :grin::grin:

5. kozmo

kozmo Member

Awful

6. GWST11

GWST11 Member

I know this has been posted before but whatever

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. jocar

jocar Member

8. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Top 4:
    1. Thunder
    2. Knicks
    3. Lakers
    4. Clippers
    5. Mavericks
    6. Nuggets
    7. Spurs
    8. T-Wolves

Whats almost as funny as thinking the Knicks would be #2 in the west is the prediction that the Spurs would be #7 and the Mavs #5.

9. manning

manning Member

They just mad. lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

I just went and read it...I can't wait either...it's gonna be hilarious...their remaining schedule is so brutal and melo and the rest of the team are so worn down...there's no telling how far they'll drop...but whatever i'm so happy that they decided to throw money at everyone from novak to K-mart and not Lin

11. WSWhippets

WSWhippets Member

LOL great thread. I LOVE watching the Knick AARP free fall. Did anyone really think these guys weren't going need to press their medi-alert bracelets? Help, I've fallen and Felton won't stop eating donuts! The Knicks lack: speed, youth, and dribble penetration. They would kill for JLin back.

12. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

You can't really mention Lin on RealGM Knicks board without some people getting their panties in a twist.

"Where are you Lin fanboys when he shoots his normal 22%?" Crap like that.

Meanwhile Lin's FG% is higher than Melo's. LOL

13. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Boston Rockets for me was the alltime classic line by a young lin fan.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

East teams spot 2-7 are 3.5 games apart from each other

15. Curtanne6

Curtanne6 Rookie

Poor Knick Fans. I felt bad for Jlin for getting this so much racial discrimination...the guy is simply trying his best to get the best deal out there and yet these (most) NY fans cursed him to death...Yes, its true that NYK gave the biggest break on Jlins career but on the other hand, NYK was able to get the maximum business during those run...I cant understand why people can't see the business side in basketball...All of the sudden when Jlin moved to Houston, he is now a bum? Lols but when NYK is winning when he was there, he's a Linsuperman, lincredible? NYK Fans i think are the worst fan of basketball...:rolleyes:

16. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

and so does his haters from NY apparently..

17. kastuul

kastuul Member

Reason why Knicks fans believe they should win Champion:

1.NY is Mecca of basketball and capital of the world.
    2.MSG is the most famous arena.
    3.Big market, player can get endorsements.
    4.Knicks is one of the richest NBA teams.

Their expectation is so unrealistic that they criticized Lin's TOs and 1 bad game against Miami.

18. Bill Bradley

Bill Bradley Member

It's going to come down to the end of the season. Next up for NY is the Clippers with no Amare, Melo, or Chandler so that is an automatic loss.

19. Bill Bradley

Bill Bradley Member

Truth is, the Knicks should be Lakers East. Players would want to play in MSG if the franchise wasn't rotten. If they built the team the right way and didnt give a voice to cancers like Isiah Thomas, they would be perennial contenders. That is part of the frustration of Knicks fans.

20. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Tyson Chandler and Melo are both injuried. I wouldn't be surprised if Rockets have a better record than Knicks. It's a long shot nonetheless.

The whole Knicks team is filled with flaws. Two of their starters, Melo and Felton, have a terrible work ethic. They don't even workout that much during offseason, especially melo, who came in the league at the same time as LeBron.

The talent level of Carmelo during his rookie year was on the same level as LeBron. It was highly debated that Melo should've won ROY and rightfully so. Nuggets went from bottom of the lottery to a playoff team in one year. LeBron's Cavs missed the playoffs. So in that perspective, Melo accomplished and impacted more then LeBron in his rookie year.

Now look where they are; one is the best player in the league and another hasn't improved a bit. One works out vigorously and another has a simple two-hour shoot around and stayed away from the gym offseason. Knicks fans are getting ripped off by paying 20 million star who has no work ethic.

I don't know if there is any stats to back this up but I believe offseason workouts are directly related to injuries. You wonder why Durant, Kobe, WesBrooks, and LeBron seldom have injuries? They work their ass off during offseason!

How did Woodson become Knicks HC? By way of Carmelo, of course! Woodson is a terrible playoff coach to begin with. You know he still hold the record as the coach for the most lopsided 4-game sweep in NBA history? His 4th seeded Hawks were swept by 3rd seeded Magic on 25+ ppg average loss in 2010.

It was Carmelo who indirectly had gotten D'Antoni fired. It was Carmelo who 'vouched' for assistent coach Woodson becoming a HC. If a player on a team has so much control over his HC and power over the organization, that team is headed for epic failure.

I really admire the long suffering diehard Knicks fans, 40+ years without a championship and paying for the second highest ticket price to see their team play. Don't know if it's psychological but maybe once they win a championship, they might not be as supportive of their team.

1 person likes this.