1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Classy Knicks Fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Nov 23, 2012.

1. zdrav

zdrav Member

Plainly not true. Perhaps some players tried to at least publicly rally around Melo after the trade for the sake of team unity, but no way was Lin pushed out by the entire Knicks squad.

2. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

I thought only JR Smith and Melo had a beef with Lin due to his contract, and the rest of the players loved playing with him, especially Chandler and Novak.

3. torocan

torocan Member

In all seriousness, part of it is the Knicks fan base has had SO little to cheer about in SO long.

10 years before winning a single play off game.
    A parade of overpaid "star" and "superstars".
    An Owner that a large portion of Knicks fans think is a complete idiot.

The Knicks refer to the 2000's as the "lost decade".

We've literally had nothing but *hope* to go on... it's a big part of why the loss of Lin hit the Knicks fan base so hard. Lin provided Hope for the Knicks in that he basically single handed turned the franchise around and put the Knicks back on the map. Lin, warts and all represented the possibility of a bright future.

And it's why if the Knicks don't end up doing well in the play offs and the Rockets continue to get better, there will be more than more than a bit of looking backwards.

4. ILoveTheRockets

When players backup another players actions or words... then yes they all pretty much wanted him gone. Players were complaining that Lin was getting " to flashy" and " Wanted to put a show on for fans".

They all rallied behind Melo.

5. zdrav

zdrav Member

Proof please.

6. fishguy91

fishguy91 Member

not always on realgm but last night was kinda of a big deal in the NBA. Melo returning to Denver and that bizarre moment when Melo just left the court during a huddle.

also i dont like that forum very much because they seem to be very hostile against other team's fans and each other. they are so quick to attack each other i just dont know why they always mad. Only a few sensible posters there

7. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

you're making stuff up

8. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Lin received lots of tweets last night from Knicks fans....they missed him.

Oh well...

9. holly1985

holly1985 Member

I'm not saying this is any kind of a proof. But things did get ugly at some point. And I believe NY media contributed a lot.
    I even don't think Melo had any ill thought about Lin at first. But NY media over blew the whloe "Melo is selfish/Him and Lin can't coexist" thing.
    If the Rockets were in NY, the " Harden and Lin can't coexist" theory will be on newspaper/TV/radio everyday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--a...etter-relationship-with-rockets-14461809.html

10. kent335

kent335 Member

Hello Carmelo. I did not know you follow the Lin threads on Clutchfans. Thank you for spending time here with us.

11. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

[​IMG]

Lin says: You can go homo for me!:grin:

12. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

well the knicks which is basically run by carmelo anthony and james dolan....wanted Melo to get more of the spotlight. SO you saw stephen a smith and all going off about Lin was supposedly talking about how the team would have to adjust to each other when Melo came back from injury, and then somehow it turned to "who does Lin think he is...telling Melo to change when he returns to the floor!"

he got so jealous they started trying ( and successfully via SAS) to report Melo was the one who went up to D'Antoni and told him to play Lin, trying to get credit for him even being on the floor. Then the whole 70% ready quote during the playoffs blew up in his face.

Let's put it this way, if Melo really wanted Lin there, he could've easily gone to James DOlan and said "dont let this kid leave" and the knicks would've matched the contract. ANd the whole thing about Lin turning into a shell was after everything went down. He had a dinner in LA with Woodson and Melo where they pretty much told him you're our guy, we got plans for you....then the next thing he knows he's reading stuff online about FElton coming to town.

13. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

"Classy" is so overused by fans.

Like I care what some Knicks fan thinks of Rockets fans or vice versa.

14. Prince

Prince Member

not surprising.

15. Jedster

Jedster Member

16. andersongo

andersongo Member

By my reading of the Linsanity story as it unfolded, the main Lin backers on the team were Shumpert, Jeffries, Fields and Novak. With the exception of Shumpert who is a fan favourite, they are all either gone or marginalised.

17. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

You don't count Tyson in there? He was part of the 'smart triangle' and is still very close to Jeremy. They shared a sweet embrace at the Garden when the Rockets played the Knicks in December.

18. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

"Classy Knicks fan" is an oxymoron. That is all.

19. Grigori

Grigori Member

Well, the NYK board is almost as harsh on Lin fans as the HOU board here. They even harrass the Site Admin over there, who is a big Lin fan, for "derailing" threads by mentioning Lin, so yeah, if you are a non-NYK fan invoking Lin's name there, then you are as good as dead. There is much deep rooted bitterness over Lin there, so the "trolling" threshold when it comes to Lin is very very very low.

But yeah, you know, I don't remember who it was, but somebody summarized the bitterness over Lin the best, why Melo hated Lin with such passion, why JR did, too. Before Linsanity, it was easy for Melo to convince himself that NY truly loved him, but when Lin happened, Melo finally came to the somber realization that NY had been holding back on him all along.

If you are NY, you don't lose that and just "get over it." You keep racking on the Dolan hate posts; you keep debunking how Felton is "just as good" and a "better fit"; you you follow Lin to HOU.

;)

1 person likes this.