1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Classy Knicks Fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Nov 23, 2012.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

They're on Reddit. Reddit loves Lin.

2. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

LOL, why was Woodson playing Melo at center?

3. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

I'm drinking the tears.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The maverick fan seemed more interested in the rockets and their players.
    The Knicks fan seemed more critical of Melo than other players.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Playing Melo @ the Front court positions (up until this point) has done wonders for New York. The mismatches were too great for other teams. The 6'9 Power Forward finally came in handy for us! Murray is a Genius!

6. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

So I just went to a Knicks forum and first comment I see is one wishing death on Mike Woodson. So classy. :)
    I swear to you guys not all of us New Yorkers are jerks.

7. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

I'm enjoying their game thread more than I should be.... small of me, but I dislike Knicks fans so much.

Before the game, it was all about how Felton was going to lock down Lin, burn him, etc. etc. I don't know what they're smoking b/c Felton has never been more than average on defense.

8. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

I snooped over on RealGM, and Knicks fans are going so far as to invent make-believe injuries to their players as an excuse for their not playing well. It is glorious.

I already have some of those "anything less than a finals appearance or a championship would be a disappointment" comments bookmarked from a couple of weeks back, too.

The awesome thing about Knicks fans is they have no sense of perspective or history, even their own history, and refuse to temper expectations, ever. That isn't to say they don't deserve every disappointment, though. They are such a useful, renewable source of schadenfreude.

9. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

I wish...

10. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

As long as JR and Melo are there, the knicks will always be a team that never goes deep into the playoffs.

11. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Knicks">#Knicks</a> were so deflated after the massacre didn't even hear one "We'll see them at the Garden." Don't think anyone wants to see Lin again.</p>&mdash; Marc Berman (@NYPost_Berman) <a href="https://twitter.com/NYPost_Berman/status/272241835068514304" data-datetime="2012-11-24T07:34:46+00:00">November 24, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I think it's Parsons they don't want to see. :)

12. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

I have no idea why the Knicks were trying to trap Lin... I mean, you can't tell me they weren't focused on this game because they wanted to embarrass Lin. Other teams barely pay attention to him defensively.

13. dje243

dje243 Member

Yup. We own A LOT of organizations when it comes to that. We're not a bottom tier organization like some would have you believe. We've always been very well respected and despite all the criticisms and jabs at DM... deep down the league knows he's a guy on the cutting edge. He is changing the way teams do business and the league hates change.

14. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

It looks like slumping Knicks fans are now lamenting losing Lin!

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1239212

by seren on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:06 am
    Edit: I officially miss Lin, Fields, and Jeffries. That says a lot...

Mistake is half azzed moves like letting Lin go for money.

by GONYK on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:19 am
    I took losing Lin pretty hard myself.

by MaseInYourFace on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:31 am
    I think time will show not re-signing Lin was a mistake but that's for another thread.

I think the decision to let Lin go was more Dolan's fault.

by GONYK on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:32 am
    Lin is not a star at this stage of his career, but he would have been a great change-of-pace guard for us, and another source of offense at the very least.

by GettinitDone on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:38 am
    Lin would have done wonders for us. I'm his fan for a reason, he has this knack for influencing his teammates to run and move the ball.

by Falstaffxx on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:59 am
    It kills me. We had a good young player just drop into our laps, and let him walk for nothing because the owner is stubborn.

15. BooHoo

BooHoo Member

You should see their around the nba thread. 90% is about Lin. :grin:

16. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

yea cause the season is becoming an unmitigated disaster. Melo looked to be ready to get to the next level, but has gone back to being an injury prone prima donna. Felton started hot and he's cooled off. Kidd is old....Chandler just went down last night and it didn't look good.

That and Mike Woodson draws up plays slightly better than McHale. In ATL he just iso'd joe johnson, here same with Melo and JR.

17. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

To be fair, their future looks pretty bleak wrapped upped around Amare's explosive knees.

18. andersongo

andersongo Member

Guess you haven't yet seen those guys: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=241351.0

WUM or impossibly delusional? You decide.

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I like to read the Chicago RealGM forums.

They also talk Rockets and its funny watching them bicker back and forth about Harden, Asik, etc.

20. aziankingz

aziankingz Member

Some Knicks fans are totally unreasonable, including the mods. Two months ago when the Knicks were falling apart, I mentioned they really need a good point guard that can penetrate, pass, and score and that they already had that option, but let him go for nothing. I got banned for saying that during a game thread where they lost by double digits to a below .500 team..

There are a lot of Knicks that are really on the fence still about that decision to let Lin go in the offseason due to a poison pill at the end of Lin's contract. However, those fans are pretty much treated like Lin fans here.. so i guess nothing really different between these two boards.