1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Classy Knicks Fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Nov 23, 2012.

1. archinkent

archinkent Member

Are the fans here much better?

2. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

The Knicks are going to fall in the standings until they barely make the playoffs, then they will exit first round.

Not a good outcome for the oldest team in the NBA.

4. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Not surprised at the comments. You're always going to get those comment on sports message boards. I've heard worse comments made by Clutchfans aimed at our own players and coaches.

5. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Agree!

6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Dude, their tears have tasted like heaven for a while now.

In reverse chronological order, off the top of my head:

1. Jeremy Lin is swiped in embarrassing, first time in the history of restricted free agency, fashion.

2. Marcus Camby is SnT'ed to the Knicks in return for two 2nd rounders, Toney Douglas, and valuable cap space which subsequently contributes to New York's inability to match our offer for Lin.

3. New York, in a ploy to clear salary cap space for a free agency that eventually amounts to Amare Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony (via SnT), accepts Houston detritus Tracy McGrady and sends back Jordan Hill (who eventually becomes Derek Fisher and the Mavs' top-20 protected 1st round pick which becomes part of the James Harden deal) plus a first round pick that we eventually use on Royce White. Most importantly, New York was then unable to deal any of their subsequent first-rounders in any attempts they made to acquire Anthony or any other stars like Deron Williams or Chris Paul.

4. Hakeem blocks Starks. Booyah!

In summation, in order for there to be a rivalry, the other side must win once in a while. What? You tell me there's a team in New York City? Pssh. /kobeface

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I sat next to some Knicks fans and there were a good amount there at Toyota center.
    Also sat next to a mavericks fan.

They were real Knicks fans though
    Not player only.

8. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

knicks fans are bigger supporters of lin than we are

9. rawool

rawool Member

Funny? You should hear some of the things we say when we lose, even win.

10. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Not according to the Knicksonline. I think all the Knicks fans who rooted for Lin are now here. :eek:

11. JK1

JK1 Member

And??? Actually, don't answer, it's rhetorical - all I want to hear is that you kept it real.

12. MrJason

MrJason Member

Lol where's the rest of the story?

"So I went to the mall earlier. Yup."

13. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

It's hilarious how knick fan's always act like they are a superior organization to us.We OWN these b****es when it comes to all time record

14. lakersuck

lakersuck Member

Actually they were pissed off since the Camby trade where we took 4 of their players just to drop 3.

And Laker fans are the most delusional by far.

15. mirus

mirus Member

most of them are glad on camby trade at that time(not sure why woodson wont play him).some of them are merely saying this bcos they give up 2 2nd round picks and they think it's too much.

16. Raven

Raven Member

The media has to pretend the championship is up for grabs. It's not good for business to admit the Heat and Thunder are locks for the Finals, and convincing NYC viewers that the Knicks have a contender is good for TV ratings.

17. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

I posted on that forum when Lin played for the Knicks...... (Used the same moniker.) Wasn't in the mood to rub it in................

Just fans being fans....... The Knicks got off to a great start, and the way Lin was playing, I think the Knicks fans expected Felton to tear him up...... Didn't happen.

18. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

You have the best moniker in basketball. Luck the Fakers.

19. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I don't really care for that team. Yeah they're tearing it up in the standings but we haven't even reached 12 games into season yet and the way Anthony and Smith are playing is way out of their comfort zone. Eventually it'll come crashing down and Carmello and Smith will revert to their old ways. Somehow they'll still make the playoffs though and probably go as far as the ECF. The east sucks hard.

20. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

I'm having a blast reading their posts.