1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clarify what CF really thinks about Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Jul 29, 2013.

?

Which of the following statement(s) reflect your opinion of Jeremy Lin?

1. I root for Lin to do well and generally like him as a player

584 vote(s)
    60.8%
  2. Lin isn’t a great fit on this team and would be better of playing somewhere else

165 vote(s)
    17.2%
  3. I would prefer to see Patrick Beverly start over Lin

124 vote(s)
    12.9%
  4. Lin is a good basketball player and just needs time to continue to improve and find his niche

517 vote(s)
    53.8%
  5. Lin is capable of being an all-star

199 vote(s)
    20.7%
  6. Lin is a mediocre point guard

153 vote(s)
    15.9%
  7. McHale should put the ball in Lin’s hands more and let him create more

176 vote(s)
    18.3%
  8. It’s up to Lin to figure out how to fit in our offense and he should just focus on what McHale wants

204 vote(s)
    21.2%
  9. When we lose it is mostly because Lin plays poorly

32 vote(s)
    3.3%
  10. Lin needs to produce a certain number of points and assists to justify his salary and presence

142 vote(s)
    14.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

10000000 repped.

2. astros123

astros123 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Rumor: Arizona Diamondbacks interested in acquiring Houston Astros right ... - Arizona Sports <a href="http://t.co/WSVLzxxi0N">http://t.co/WSVLzxxi0N</a></p>&mdash; Diamondbacks Hub (@DiamondbacksHub) <a href="https://twitter.com/DiamondbacksHub/statuses/362401458282438657">July 31, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

lol. That pretty much sums up how people were defending Lin's defense all year long. And they would've been right, cuz Bev's defense is fine.
    I don't know why anyone would put up an anti-Rockets video. smh~

1 person likes this.
  4. Hardlin parsard

hmmm everything except for two are pretty even lol

5. Hardlin parsard

to be honest lin is part of the reason i decided to follow the rockets but i guess he'd be better on a different team if his potential is just going to be stunted.

6. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Funny I agree with your comment but from a different perspective. Indeed, what a waste for the Rockets, 15 mil and you are not even using/needing him at his strengths! What a waste for Lin standing in the corner watching Harden dribbling for 20 seconds! Alas, let's pray Lin will somehow just do well enough this year to get traded, shall we?

LOH AND LOF UNITE TO TRADE LIN CAMPAIGN.

Hope Morey is reading this.;)

NBA, why is a player like John Wall whom Lin outplays everytime since their AAU days gets to have his own team and soon max money but not Lin?

7. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

I do not think anybody that was on this board prior to the rockets signing Lin hates him. He does play for the Rockets and him doing well bodes well for the Rockets , we are all rockets fans first. What i do dislike is all the jack asses that joined this borad specifically when Lin was signed by the Rockets. The same jack asses that said Mchale was racist when he went with Beverly to close out the 4th quarter of certain games. The same people that said that rockets just wanted to take advantage of Jeremy's kindness etc.. I think all the vitriol towards Lin has come because of LOFs. Without them these Lin debates would remain in Rafer Alston proportions and we that care about the success of the Rockets primarily ( could care less which particular player brings that success) would not be bombarded with these preposterous statements the LOFs make. Problem aint Lin folks its his totally delusional fanbase , they are not Rockets fans and need to be booted off this board.

1 person likes this.
  8. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

And YOU Sir need to get off this board. This is a Rockets board not a Jeremy Lin well being support group. Go make your own Jeremy Lin blog somewhere and leave us Rockets fans to discuss the team.

9. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

I think Lin is a player who deserves constructive criticism but every time someone does, they become labeled as a Lin Hater and then an argument arises between Lin fans and Lin haters.

Lets stick to the facts:
    -Lin is not a top tier pg and was indeed a no show in last year's playoffs
    -However, Lin is also NOT a terrible pg and he does deserve to be a starter
    -Lin needs to improve his 3s
    -Lin has shown his potential to put up big numbers and we all know what he's capable of

Let's keep supporting all our Rockets players and not act spoiled just cause we have Harden and Dwight now. Most of yall sound like you belong in the Lakers forum right now. get outta here.

#169 tinywang, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  10. raskol

And here's your problem. Not everyone who has supported Lin has called McHale racist, dogged Harden or Bev, or acted out in anyway other than support the Rockets. You see a couple of knuckleheads and put blanket statements out there and deride his entire fanbase. Conversely, you turn a blind eye to all the over zealous haters out there and blame their idiocy on anyone who supports Lin.

Blanket statements like yours are the problem, not the solution. Clearly, those who know basketball and love the Rockets know what Lin is about. Everybody else are just talking out their butts. But instead ifvtreatingvitvlike that, you have to blame everyone who are fans of his game? Cut that divisive stuff out of your posts.

1 person likes this.
  11. raskol

I'll cosign that. Though, frankly speaking its more the other way around; anyone supports Lin, they are delusional non-Rockets fans.

Lin deserves criticism and support, but vitriol and blind support he does not.

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

you suck Rafer Alston

13. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Good post.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol @ Do you listen to yourself how you sound like?
    All panic before the season has not even begun.
    All we know is Harden is the first option on the perimeter.

Second one is up for grabs between Parsons and Lin.
    They will fight it out fair and square.

15. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Skip? Brooks? Lowry? :confused:

16. Karolik

Karolik Member

I think you have something confused here. You're making it sound like his current situation isn't the best when in reality..

Choice 1: Role player on championship team
    Choice 2: Best player on a team that will not win a championship.

I would take choice 1 any day of the week. At the very least it is debatable.

17. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Good point. Chris Bosh as a superstar on the Raptors got that team nowhere. Chris Bosh as a role player for the Heat, got them 2 championship rings.

Who remembers Ray Allen on the Sonics ? Pau Gasol on the Grizzlies ?

18. boiler

boiler Member

I am not sure about this for young players like Lin. Lin's contract with Rockets will end in two years if not sooner. Should he just focus on skills that fit the current team's needs or should he develop all-around skills? How is this going to affect his next contract? What is the best for him long term? As a fan of team, you may say I really don't care about what is the best for individual players. All I want is my team to win a championship. But players cares what is the best for themselves, too. It's not like Lin is a superstar and has everything already but a championship.

Same thing with Asik. People say he is a fool for asking to be traded. IMO, he will nab a bigger contract by starting and putting up good numbers on another team instead of backing up Howard for 15 minutes a game in Houston. At the end of the day, it's all about what is more important to players, money, playing time, or winning. I think young, role players usually take money over winning and I don't blame them for that.

19. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

Probably for most of the players. Asik is a little down in the dumps, I hope it is temporary.

But no reason for Lin to feel the same, and not be grateful for playing with Howard and Harden for a championship.

If he has any, now is his chance to show some versatility, not one dimensional and that he can adapt to any situations.

20. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

In either case (staying as Rocket or traded), Lin needs to improve on his weakness. 3pt, defense, handling.