1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clarify what CF really thinks about Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Jul 29, 2013.

?

Which of the following statement(s) reflect your opinion of Jeremy Lin?

1. I root for Lin to do well and generally like him as a player

584 vote(s)
    60.8%
  2. Lin isn’t a great fit on this team and would be better of playing somewhere else

165 vote(s)
    17.2%
  3. I would prefer to see Patrick Beverly start over Lin

124 vote(s)
    12.9%
  4. Lin is a good basketball player and just needs time to continue to improve and find his niche

517 vote(s)
    53.8%
  5. Lin is capable of being an all-star

199 vote(s)
    20.7%
  6. Lin is a mediocre point guard

153 vote(s)
    15.9%
  7. McHale should put the ball in Lin’s hands more and let him create more

176 vote(s)
    18.3%
  8. It’s up to Lin to figure out how to fit in our offense and he should just focus on what McHale wants

204 vote(s)
    21.2%
  9. When we lose it is mostly because Lin plays poorly

32 vote(s)
    3.3%
  10. Lin needs to produce a certain number of points and assists to justify his salary and presence

142 vote(s)
    14.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you even think half of them even watch the game?

It's hard for Rockets fans in Houston to watch the games because of the cable situation.

who's sensitive about Lin?

When Rocket fans in the 90s wanted Cassell to get more play time than Kenny Smith, were they calling them Kenny Haters?
    Nope. Why is that?

you know. we all know.

1 person likes this.
  2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I can appreciate your approach but come on now, you can't change the way an irrational mind thinks.

You would have just as much luck posting science stats in the "Do you believe in God?" thread in the D&D

3. jackycool

jackycool Member

I like Lin as a player. He has his weaknesses and the different role on this team magnified them a lot but I think given his first full season period, his first playoff game, and him coming off of knee injury earlier last season he has the potential to be very good. I would even say borderline all star once he gets his bearings. But right now he is a slightly above average point guard who needs a lot of work but has a lot of potential.

I would like to see him stay a Rocket but if he doesn't I wish him well wherever he goes.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

ABAs

Anyone but Alien.

5. conquistador#11

there was no social media. i can imagine people here calling dream a puss when the whole nonsense of dream faking an injury came out. Or when robert and bullard were traded, i can see the usual suspects on the board saying....GTFO, good riddance, give me harold minor!

Just the times we live in. We want everything fast. People can get crazy defending a player they're a fan of, just look at the vince young threads. =)
    HOUSTON sports team>greater than any player, even if player is from houston and played for a different team.

In the end, a lot of yofs turned to rockets fans and a lot of vy fans turned to texans fans. I would expect the same thing from the Lof'ers.

6. dudeyosupbro

dudeyosupbro New Member

I voted "I root for Lin to do well and generally like him as a player."

But I could also identify with more of these.

I think he would be better in a 6th man role, I think he could be an all-star someday, and obviously he is going to keep improving. We've seen him potentially at his best in New York but I could see him turning into a player much like Mike Conley.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Same. As for the rest, I can see arguments on both sides.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I like Lin as a player. He is just more SG than PG. Just because he is playing PG doesn't make him one.
    He would achieve much more success backing up Harden.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Oh yeah, i voted 1, 3, 4, 8.

10. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

If you don't root for Lin then you aren't rooting for the Rockets.

Not an LOF, thats just fact.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Comparing Football is completely different because of 100 year college football tradition.

There's not many Harvard fans here who were on this board before Lin joined the Rockets.

There is a large Asian population on Clutchfans and they were here before Jeremy Lin.

There's no race factor in the NFL discussion.

Here's a scenario, Matt Schabb goes down and Manziel is eligible for the draft.

-Will there be a mass increase of new Aggie users on Clutchfans? NO
    - Will the Aggie users on Clutchfans want their own on their hometown team? YES

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Please, the whole point of this thread is to defuse the polarization.

95% of posters aren't extremists. If you and others just stopped inciting the small minority, the board would be a lot less cluttered.

13. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

This team needs a PG who will play good defense, limit turnovers, hit ~40% of his threes and not have wild fluctuations in his game-to-game performance. Jeremy Lin might be capable of that, but if he is, is that worth an $8.4MM cap hit?

There's a reason a lot of posters on CF prefer Beverley, and it's not because we're 'haters'.

14. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

What is wrong with tinman? I know you do not hate Lin, but just does not like some Lin fans, but should not join the same group of the Lin haters, are you a lin hater? I do not think so. You are a smart man, I am sure for that. Most of people know Lin is not all-star player, but he is good enough for the starting PG in this team. We will wait for the Feb to see if he is good or not for his job, hating is not a solution.

15. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

If we had Beverley during that time, then we would likely not sign Lin, that is not a complex to understand.

16. dharocks

What gives you the idea that I don't understand that?

17. dharocks

He's consistent. He doesn't like when fans put one player before the team.

18. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

"but if he is, is that worth an $8.4MM cap hit?"

Above is the point, we could have a cheap Beverley, who can do the job like Lin, but we signed Lin when Beverley was not here, that is my point.

19. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1, 4 and 8 are the best answers

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

More than one option can be true.