1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cinemax Cable TV Show] Clive Owen in Steven Soderbergh's 'The Knick'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Jun 18, 2014.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Looks legit.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/r_xvw-_YJSo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He makes movies that aren't complex or groundbreaking but the average Joe comes away feeling as though they've just watched something complex and groundbreaking...

The kind of Joe that normally catches the John Sena flick. The kind of Joe that walks out of Side Effects and is like, dheeeeym, dog, that was deep. That Channing Tatum really CAN act! They watch Soderbergh and come out thinking they're high society.

Just an opinion.

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Huh... So Ocean's 11 makes people feel poncy? The Limey? To each his own, chap.

I think he's just an incredibly solid director. Tends to get better-than-avg performances out of his cast. Has a sense of humor and timing. Usually plays just enough visually to keep the screen interesting in and of itself.

Doesn't seem overly philosophical. I mean... he's not, for instance, making TREEES INNNN SPAAAAAAAACE! or something like that.

4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I got a good 2 hour nap at the Sundance when I took the wife to see that steaming pile of crap.

5. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Out of Sight is his best film. Then Oceans 11. Traffic is overrated.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Anybody catch it this weekend? I thought it was outstanding. Surprised it's not getting more buzz.

7. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

I saw it on hbogo yesterday and it was solid. Interested to see where it goes.

8. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

The first few minutes had me interested. Then, I kept watching and wishing I was doing something else. Pretty lame. But, at least it's different.

9. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Thought it was very, very good. Fantastically moody setting and impressive visuals. The music was so anachronistic as to be intriguing. All the more interesting knowing it's loosely based on a real doctor. Will definitely keep watching.

10. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I really enjoyed it.

Historically, it strikes me as quite accurate. The events of the time were such that the show will likely have a lot of interesting plots and subplots.

And I love the anachronistic music too.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I've recently just finished season 1.

This is a really ****ing good show that should be more talked about.

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yeah, this show is awesome. One of the best ones I've seen in a while.

But then I know some who just couldn't get into it... so I guess it is hit or miss.

For me, it was a big hit.

I know season 2 is about to come out. I only have HBOGO, so wonder if it will be on there... or just cinemax?