1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cinema] Tom Cruise's ‘Edge Of Tomorrow’

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Dec 11, 2013.

1. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

The only thing that bothers me is not Cruise. I like him as an actor and he does mostly good work. It's that some of the action scenes seem a little silly when he's moving in that suit. Otherwise it looks pretty solid.

2. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

When watching a Cruise film I like to watch how they always have to try and make him taller than he really is. It is like a meta-game within the movie.

3. VanityHalfBlack

Best....Movie...of.The.Summer... Might be of the year. I'll wait till clutchfans see this first, I'll join the discussion later but man! Tom Cruise is back to owning Hollywood again!

4. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Saw it Monday, IMax 3D screening, I was REALLY surprised by it. Definitely original, surprised that it is based on a Japanese Sci-Fi Novel "All You Need is Kill".

Didn't have any expectations for it until I saw it had a Fresh RT rating before heading in. I'm bias to say that X-Men Days of Future Past is still the best movie of the summer so far, but this movie would definitely be in the Top 5, possibly top 3 on my list by the time Labor Day comes around.

Emily Blunt is smoking in this movie....

5. Nero

Nero Member

Just saw this tonight..
    AWESOME movie!

Hands down, the best movie I have seen this year so far.

If you like sci-fi at all, GO SEE THIS MOVIE!

9.5/10

(would have been 10/10 but I wanted just a bit more at the end..)

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Was totally going to start a thread on this, because I didn't see one.

I'm glad CF is giving good reviews - probably seeing this tomorrow sometime.

7. VanityHalfBlack

Dave2000 and Nero gave it a good review, now you know you gotta see it, GO NOW!!!

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'm mindful that they're respected members on this board, but a few more reviews from people would be nice too. :p

9. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Wow what a movie
    Don't really understand the ending though..I know they wanted a feel good ending but how/why did he end up back on that helicopter

10. Hmm

Hmm Member

What if you don't particular care for sci-fi...? Is it only good for sci-fi fans...?

11. VanityHalfBlack

You don't have to like sci fi, it's just an amazing film period. If you like Groundhog Day, there's no reason you won't like this film. I, personally can't stop thinking about this movie!!!

12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Saw it last night, a surprising amount of fun. Really enjoyed it and thought Cruise and Blunt were great, who would have thought Blunt could be a badass!

Film drags just a tad in the last act, just a tad because it starts hitting on more traditional Sci-Fi Tropes...

B+

13. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

I guess his alien-God told him he can only do sci-fi movies anymore. Dude is a strange bird...

That being said, will probably watch due to the CF reviews here.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I'm shocked -- i've been making fun of the commercials for the movie for the past month (full battle mech suit -- no face protection/helmet), but the reviews for it have been outstanding.

15. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah the visual F/X feels very anime. I actually just picked up the book on kindle.

16. Relentless

Relentless Member

There are actors that I've just grown tired of and can't get myself to take them serious.

Tom Cruise is on top of the list

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's already 51. I'd say he's aging ok (Luis Scola).

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Trailers play it like a dead serious sci-fi flick but it really isn't and Cruise really doesn't take himself too serious in this.

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Without spoiling anything, please tell me this isn't a similar storyline to that movie with Jake Gylenhaal where he keeps dying in the train/bomb scenarios and they keep injecting him into the same train/bomb scenario to try to solve who/where the bomb is to try and stop it, etc. .

I just saw the preview for this movie and they kept mentioning "you died" but you "learn something new" every time. Does that mean Tom is actually missing all his limbs being kept alive in some tube while they play out the same battle over and over with an artificial Tom?

I guess you can't answer that without spoiling it. lol

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I'd say Cruise has 30 plus years of acting left. Wasn't Harrison Ford this old when he did Indiana jones?