1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[cinema] lucy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OmegaSupreme, Apr 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

[​IMG]

2. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I liked it and would recommend. Ironically, you need to turn a part of your own brain off while watching to get full enjoyment of the film.

3. VanityHalfBlack

Hahahhah, good one.

4. VanityHalfBlack

The dude from Oldboy didn't really do much. Kinda wasted on the screen and played the cliche kingpin you've seen about a billion times in other movies.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

When I saw him . . . Gary Oldman in The Professional came to mind

The overall movie was ok but nothing special
    I was entertained but it seemed like it needed another
    30 minutes or something . . . just seemed incomplete and a bit rushed

Rocket River

6. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I agree with all of this.

7. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I saw it yesterday and thank God someone else paid for me.

So many plot holes and the pacing of the film was horrible. For a movie that delves into the science of the brain, this one was lacking major logic.

Scarlett was gorgeous though and the film was entertaining because my friends and I couldn't stop laughing afterwards at the sheer stupidity of what we had just watched. People definitely talked about it afterwards, but the real entertaining moment in the theater was when the 50 Shades of Grey trailer was shown accompanied by unified jeering.

3.5/10 for Lucy

8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Probably one of the stupidest "smart" movies I've seen in recent memory. Scar-jo looked great but once it turned into a Small Wonder remake with bits of Transcendence I was just ready for it to be over....

9. Nero

Nero Member

Sigh.

Turned out EXACTLY as I was afraid it would. Besson got stupidly silly with the thing, as though he thought he was making a cutesy kids movie or was trying to be ironic or who knows what.

And then basically he has Lucy just instantly change and the character never really grows from there, she is just.. somber. Calm and somber.

Not particularly tense or exciting. Never any doubt about anything.

And the Yakuza or whoever the heck they were, well, ugh, I dunno..

It was like there was a GOOD movie this stuff COULD have been about, but Besson chose to make the exact opposite of all of it, and never ONCE ventured into the truly interesting parts of what such a premise would be.

And note, this has NOTHING to do with the people complaining about the '10% thing'. It's fiction, the author can set up their reality however they want. My complaint is that it was just silly and almost trivial, and I swear if the entire script was more than 30 pages, I would be shocked.

Meh.

Rental, if that. Such a shame.

10. ReverseBjorn

ReverseBjorn Member

Hopefully there were some good nudes on the USB stick at the end...

I'd give it a 4/10. The pace was what bothered me most about the film.

11. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Just saw it today. The movie was downright terrible. Poor scar-Jo. Her acting was great but holy **** she had 0 to work with. Overall the movie seemed like something id watch on Netflix if I wanted something to make fun of.

12. GIGO

GIGO Member

I think this is a legit connection. I haven't seen this movie yet, but when I saw him in a comedy long time ago in the 90s before Old Boy, something about his face reminded me of Oldman.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bump. Those were a Korean mob not Yakuza. I thought it was 6.9/10

The concept of superhuman who can use more than 20% of brain capacity was explored before

Interesting though