1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cinema] Looper

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Good movie, but not mind blowing or anything.
    If you liked: Butterfly Effect, X-Men 3, Robocop, and The Myst, then you might like Looper because it borrows elements from all those films, and a Skrillex music video. Oh, and Piper Peraboo is hot.

2. 713

713 Member

is Cinemark XD anything like Imax??? thinking about watching this again in XD

3. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I watched it in XD right off of 99. The main thing is the screen is a little bigger and the sound is crazy. It will shake your insides sometimes. I don't like wearing 3d glasses and its the next best thing to that.

P.S. the seats are really comfy

4. 713

713 Member

haha so would you say worth the extra 5 bucks?

I think it's like 12 dollars per ticket

5. mrm32

mrm32 Member

It's nothing like IMAX. XD is just something they made to charge you more.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Agree with this. I could see a high school kid or bozo college freshman coming away from this movie with a new life perspective lulz. Buying a poster, quoting it on Facebook, buying a leather jacket, begging mom and dad for a Miata. This movie was exactly that kind of flick.

1 person likes this.
  7. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

It was worth it to not to have to sit in a crowded theater and feel comfortable.

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

9 out 10 critics disagree with you. Same thing goes with normal folks like us.

Everyone has different tastes. You're trying awfully hard to convince people that it wasn't a good movie. It wasn't your cup of tea. We get it.

9. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

It's a good movie. It also has elements of Gattaca. Anyhow, it's not a game changer, like some critics have made it out to be. This plot is not completely original, but I like it. It's part morality play, part sci-fi action, part dystopian future movie, part X-Men 3 + Skrillex video special FX, part multiple outcome movie like Butterfly Effect, The Family Man, Groundhog Day, Back to the Future etc. By the way, I like all of those mentioned.

Looper is better than The Family Man, Butterfly Effect, Robocop, and maybe X-Men 3 and The Myst. It's not as good as Back to the Future, Gattaca, or Groundhog Day. Just my opinion.

Edit: Oh and Terminator and T2...totally borrows major themes and elements from them...can't believe I forgot those. And not as good as T1 and T2.

#89 Kim, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nah, I agreed it was entertaining. It isn't terrible by any means. But as a fan of movies and a believer in RT I felt the reviews and some of the sentiment were misleading. This isn't on Inception's level, it's not complex or polished like that caliber of movie. That's why I'm trying a little extra hard to put my 2ยข's in on this one. I think some people will be letdown if they go in thinking Inception or 90% on RT. So when I say, hey, it you like Bruce Willis manly-man flicks or Butterfly Effect you'll like this, I think that is actually more insightful than the Inception comparison.

I'm not trying to say it sucked I'm trying give potential moviegoers that visit this thread a heads-up. I would have appreciated that kind of info before choosing to go.

11. 713

713 Member

they probably didn't have colored movies back in your day.

Stick to watching The Artist and eating dinner at 4 bruh.

"You should just do what old people do and die."

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

You're an idiot.

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Is it me, or does Gordon Levitt look a bit like a young Kevin Spacey here?

http://www.loopermovie.com/?hs308=email :eek:

Also, I'm not liking that they do a bad job of painting his eyebrows just to make him look like Bruce Willis. :grin: I find it funny, mostly. :)
    This is uncalled for, man. Find another way to disagree with him that doesn't incite anger.

14. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

I saw this opening night. I actually liked the movie but there was some fat lady that yelled out "this movie sucked" at the end. Reminds me of the time my exgf b****ed that they talked about the ring too much in Lord of the Rings. "If they show that god damn ring one more time" was her words. Or when she thought Minority Report was a comedy and laughed all the way through it.

15. 713

713 Member

lmao.. people so days

16. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

In all fairness, Colin Farrell and Tom Cruise's acting in Minority Report does incite laughter.

17. RedRacer

RedRacer Contributing Member

Kim,

No disrespect but Piper Peraboo has ants hills!!! Emily Blunt was hot though!!! :cool:

18. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I don't discriminate against b cups. Yeah, maybe they were a...and I was slightly surprised, but I still think she's hot. Blunt too.

19. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

that kid was ****in creepy!!!!

great movie. way better than i expected, but i didn't really know anything about it.

20. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

He had this perfect mix of being creepy and sinister one moment, but completely innocent and cute the next.