1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cinema] GODZILLA

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Keyser Soze, Jul 14, 2012.

Tags:
  1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This actually looks pretty good. And the trailer, unlike so many trailers these days, isn't giving everything away. Or... if it is, this is going to be one weird movie.

2. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Definitely. I quit trailers half way through sometimes because so many now show the entire plot.

This movie looks incredible. I can't wait.

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

The director has said there will be other monsters and if you look closely at the new trailer, there are glimpses....(Rodan at 1:32?).

Last summer, at Comic-Con, they showed some footage that involved another monster attacking an airport:

http://io9.com/we-saw-a-glimpse-of-godzilla-you-wont-believe-the-siz-851082801

#63 Oski2005, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  4. SunsRocketsfan

just give the movie studios time.. usually for movies the first trailers or teasers are awesome cause they dont give everything away. As the movie approached release they have new trailers that show more and more.. i hate trailers like that and usually try to turn away.

5. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I used to go to Blockbuster with my gramps and always rent a Godzilla movie and we'd watch it together.

Definitely one of my nerdy passions. Can't wait; hopefully we're treated to an actual Godzilla movie, rather than that '98 trash-heap.

6. val_modus

val_modus Member

Godzilla's on meth?

7. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

SCIENCE b****!

8. VanityHalfBlack

Hoping this will be better than Pacific Rim. The film started it promising only to come crashing down in the 2nd half of the film, anyone feel this way about Pacific Rim.

9. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Pacific Rim was just badd-ass, balls to the wall fun. But it did lack character depth and an epic quality. This, though, definitely looks like it could be more of a complete film.

10. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

This is shaping up to be badass. If Hollywood can make good remakes then I'm all for it.

11. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I love these type of movies. But please do not let there be baby godzillas like in that last terrible movie. Why did they need to remake the kitchen scene from jurassic park.

12. VanityHalfBlack

Cloverfield was better than Pacific Rim. For one thing the escalation and suspense kept building and building while Pacific Rim fell flat on its ass big time. It tried so hard to incorporate all this other **** but failed when all we wanted was some robots fighting Kaiju beast and that didn't even hold its end of the bargain.

13. BonziWellsGOAT

Finally a modern Godzilla movie done right (hopefully....fingers crossed.) and if it is I will be more than happy.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Everyone looking forward to this should watch Monsters, a film done by the same director. It was Monsters that actually convinced the moneymakers to hire Gareth Edwards as the director for Godzilla.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1470827/

Don't be fooled by its average rating on IMDB. It's a good film. The worst part of the film is the below average acting skills of the two lead actors, but that won't be a problem with Godzilla.

It is very character driven, and from what I've read that's how Godzilla will be too.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

the grand scale of things is amazing.

16. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I second this. Monsters was a good movie.you will like it especialy if you ever visited the amazone.

Good to know they will use ths same director for godzilla.

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

A creature of that size cannot survive underwater as well as out of it.

It will be crushed by its own weight.

A creature of that size walking on two legs? Forget about it. The legs wont be able to support that kind of weight. He will be lucky to just stand on two, much less be able to walk and endure additional stresses. The knees, and ankles....we are talking Yao Ming part 2.0.

Also, this guy better be all lungs because if he isnt then the incredible amount of cells in his body (massive volume/surface area ratio) are not getting enough oxygen and he will be huffing and puffing just by taking one step.

Fail biomechanics. Fail physiology.

Fake.

Not watching.

#77 Zboy, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Science shmience.

The important question is where is Matthew Broderick?

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Where did I see... that he is handling his own MONSTER? :eek: Rhymes with "Morse", last name rhymes with "marker."

20. Salvy

Salvy Member

Monsters is one of the most pleasant surprises I have ever gotten with a film. I absolutely loved it. The ability to create a film this good on such a low budget was incredible. Monster's was literally driven by atmosphere and suspense. Showing very little of the enemy. The actor's in my opinion where great for being unknown. I did hate the guy at first but as the filmed carried on I began to like him. Character development was present. Once again, Monsters is one of the best films I have ever seen. Yes I liked it that much.

I was not aware it was the same director. This completely sold me to watching it on the big screen. If he did Monsters with a bunch of DSLR's and a low low budget I cant imagine what he will do with Godzilla.... I'm excited... Thanks for the info Haymitch