1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CIA: Russia manipulated the election to install Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Dec 10, 2016.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He couldn't answer these questions straight.

Sorry there is plenty more but I'm tired of formating all this on a phone.

KingCheetah, Amiga and robbie380 like this.
  2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Muchas gracias! I hate Reddit's format so I didn't even know what I was looking for.

Amiga, Buck Turgidson and fchowd0311 like this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Semi-large parts of the current GOP Congress give me hope for the future. They seem reasonable now, given the alternative.

4. Buck Turgidson

Open investigation = no comment? Makes sense.

5. Buck Turgidson

When Sam has to resort to "the absurd", you know he's just venting his rage and sour grapes.

Good job Trump, you kept it at 94 characters.

Bigly.

KingCheetah and B-Bob like this.
  6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

No, you lot are just passionate about not having Republicans in the White House. That is Occams Razor.

Like most of the world, we are in shock about Trump winning, good or bad. The left is still struggling that they actually lost. To Donald Trump. You can't blame the right afterall, they put Trump on the plate for you guys to win. Liberals never take responsibility for their own actions, (hell, you guys still blame the failure of Obamacare on the right) so they wont rage at each other.

Russia is a good scapegoat, even if they only released proof of incompetence and corruption. And complaining that Russia was behind 'fake news'? Good God, get a grip. The whole modern political elect strategy is to grossly exaggerate nasty things about the opposition. Modern Presidential elections are not about electing the most competent candidate, but trying to prove to America their candidate is not as bad as the other, regardless of how awful their candidate is. If you even remotely disagree with this statement, let me throw out four names; Donald Trump. Hillary Clinton. Gary Johnson. Jill Stein. If your candidate lost to any of these four names, you have no right to b**** about it.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Damn dude. Keep on moving goal posts. At first it's "Omg we so buthurt that Hillary lost and we want her in power so much!" to "you just don't want Republicans in power". It just shows that you didn't have a salient point to begin with.

All I want is to make sure that the executive branch of our government will handle the Russian interfernce seriously some time in the next four years instead of stroking the cheif executive's ego by not addressing the issue because it makes him look bad.

That's it. That's all I care about. Deal with the problem. Not asking for a Trump resignation just that he takes this seriously. Is that fair enough? Stop acting as if this is a partisan issue. GOP members in the Senate and House both have accepted the intelligence reports. Does that mean they want Hillary?

TIL that John McCain is a avid Hillary supporter and doesn't want the GOP in power.

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is there a reason you keep trying to claim that this is about making an excuse for the election when most liberals don't blame the loss on Russia?

There is no way to prove Russia in any way changed the outcome. Very few people are arguing that is the case. You, however, keep addressing only that small minority that tries to make the case. B-Bob, myself, and many others have all agreed that Hillary lost on her own.

There are already threads talking about that. But almost nobody is claiming that the results of the election. And if they were, I'd ask them how they reached that conclusion and where the evidence was.

But despite the fact that most people on both sides have accepted the results of the election you keep spouting off about it, pretending that talk of the Russians is somehow a way for them to delegitimize the result. People aren't arguing that.

Why do you keep acting as if that is happening when it isn't?

B-Bob and fchowd0311 like this.
  9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

First of all, GOP and conservatives would be complaining. As they should have complained if Russia had been caught trying to influence the election towards Clinton. Heck, the election hadn't even happened yet and Trump was challenging the results.

But this is not an "if then" question. It happened. Russia got caught trying to influence the election to Trump. Pretending it didn't happen just because it was done to benefit Trump is ridiculous.

10. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

CNN: Intel chiefs presented Trump with claims of Russian efforts to compromise him
    "Classified documents presented last week to President Obama and President-elect Trump included allegations that Russian operatives claim to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump, multiple US officials with direct knowledge of the briefings tell CNN.

These senior intelligence officials also included the synopsis to demonstrate that Russia had compiled information potentially harmful to both political parties, but only released information damaging to Hillary Clinton and Democrats.

The two-page synopsis also included allegations that there was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government, according to two national security officials. "

11. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Donald fears the Russians have the goods on him and will not cross them. This could include proof of backchannel communications between the Trump team and Russia during the campaign colluding to release the hacks. Remember that nerve Hillary hit in the debates when she referred to Donald as a Russian puppet? "I'm not a puppet, you're the puppet!"

12. mtbrays

Supporting Member

Buzzfeed has published the memo distributed to President Obama and President-elect Trump, compiled by the intelligence agencies.

These Reports Allege Trump Has Deep Ties To Russia

Highlights:

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

#1013 Commodore, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The stuff on Trump isn't confirmed. They are serious allegations, but without confirmation, I don't think it's really fair to go after this stuff too much. However, it is definitely worth keeping an eye on this stuff to see what happens in the future.

I'm glad that some of the same people who were quick lambast the Clinton Foundation and other things regarding Hillary are now willing to not rush to judgment regarding Trump.

15. mtbrays

Supporting Member

Interesting, this is a level of scrutiny some were comfortable going to war on.

16. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Like Hillary? Pwn3d!!!

17. mtbrays

Supporting Member

Yep! Notice I hadn't mentioned her at all, but you couldn't resist the dog whistle!

#1017 mtbrays, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Once again, B-Bob, you give us an excellent post that says much of what I've been attempting to say, but says it far better than I could manage. It would be nice if the Rabid Right here would no only read it, but take it to heart. Instead, and this is my opinion, to be clear, not something you have said, they continue to act like unpatriotic fools in D&D.

The far-right extremists continue to ignore an assault on our democracy during our recent election by an unfriendly foreign power. A foreign power that invaded and annexed part of Ukraine, Ukraine being a sovereign East European nation. An unfriendly foreign power that continues to be involved in destabilizing Ukraine. A foreign power busy helping a dictatorship slaughter its own citizens by the tens of thousands, a foreign power that does no wish us well. An unfriendly foreign power called Russia, an oligarchy ruled by Vladimir Putin, who has been ruthless in muzzling Russia's news sources who dare to criticize him and his regime. These are facts, not something made up for publication on Breitbart, which is apparently their favorite "news" source, right up there with Fox News.

They seem to have no interest in the truth.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  19. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

^^

Russia didn't write the DNC's emails, and didn't tamper with voting machines.

Next.

Space Ghost likes this.
  20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I'm ready to jump on board of the report if they would have anything verified. The CNN report of this read like a shitty ESPN trade rumor article with vague sources and nothing verified.

It's going to be funny when Wikileaks starts dropping bombs on Trump and all the Dems change their tune just like the Repubs have done.

Also, at what point did the FSB become this dominant, all powerful force abroad? Haven't most of their operations been basically confined to domestic issues?