1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chuck Wagon may return

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SRR21, Jul 14, 2015.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Of course Morey is interested. He's an undersized PF who can't make FTs and is cheap.

2. mercy road

mercy road Member

Any comparison of Chuckie to West gives you the answer. And who the hell is "Marc West"? Are you drunk? Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

3. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Lol @ trade must be pending. A trade is always pending with the Rockets

4. apatel123

apatel123 Member

wonder if he fixed the hitch in his free throws

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Bye bye Smoove, hello Chuckwagon!

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Would love to replace Dorsey with him in that role. Let's see if we got the roster space for it without losing anyone else-

Already on roster + rookies:

PG:Beverley, Johnson, Prigioni
    SG:Harden, Thornton
    SF:Ariza, Brewer, Papanikolaou, Dekker
    PF:Motiejunas, Jones, Harrell
    C: Howard, Capela, Dorsey

That's 15 roster spots currently taken.

+ potentially Terry, KJ, Smith, and Hayes

That's 19 roster spots if all 4 guys sign their respective deals.

Waive Dorsey, Prigioni, and trade/waive Papanikolaou..

That gives you 16 roster spots.

*So someone out of (Terry, KJ, Smith, Hayes) will either not make the cut eventually or not be able to be signed at the end of the day. Potentially even Nick Johnson getting waived if he doesn't show well in training camp, but I doubt that.

Can't have it all folks. Barring a trade its going to be another tight training camp where people here get all worked up with the 16 man gets waived, and ask for Morey's head. Everyone wont be happy come this November that's for damn sure. But when is everyone happy???

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Consolidation trade!!!

8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Agreed with this.

It could potentially make sense down the line if we make a trade, but for now, I just can't see it. But even then, you can't play him and Dwight at same time, which means any PT Chuck would be getting would be at C at the expense of Capela.

But if we're just talking about insurance at the 4/5 (with Dorsey removed from the picture), then sure. In that scenario, he could essentially be the frontcourt equivalent of Jason Terry. Another veteran to make the younger guys work hard in practice and improve our overall toughness.

9. mercy road

mercy road Member

Smith or Chuckie? Every evaluation comes down on Smith's side. Hayes is at best a replacement level player currently. In other words he is bad.

10. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Meant David West my bad. If Morey "wasted a precious roster spot" on Dorsey then I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate to add Hayes.

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Dat free throw tho from the Chuckwagon, that thing is ugly beautiful. Totally worth flipping the two.

12. Fantasma Negro

Rather have Smith

13. malakas

malakas Member

Goodbye Dorsey??

14. mercy road

mercy road Member

The thing is that Chuckie even in his prime is not going to play for this Rockets team. Dorsey is guaranteed next season. He will not play either. Unless disaster occurs.

15. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

Another veteran presence? I'll take it.

16. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I love it!

He can be our 3rd center, giving us more than enough reasons to ship Dorsey back to Europe!

In all seriousness, he can be a great mentor for our young big men, especially Capela and Harrell. Those two guys need to work on positioning and using their bodies to cover up for their lack of strength/height/length/etc. What better teacher to have than the Chuckwagon?

17. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

He probably won't be getting minutes IMO. Capela is getting the Dorsey minutes from last year. He'd be the 15th man on this roster next to Terry if he returns.

18. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

You also forgot we signed Wood and Cummings. Even though they'll likely go to the D-League. I don't think KJ will be back. And smith is still up in the air.

19. GottaHaveHeart

Chuckwagon needs to get back Rox playing wt!

20. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/teebone21">@teebone21</a> I doubt Chuck Hayes is a Rocket next season. But if Smith doesnt return &amp; T Jones gets moved &amp; Harrell isn't ready then who knows</p>&mdash; Adam Wexler (@awexler) <a href="https://twitter.com/awexler/status/621153013890052096">July 15, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>