1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chuck Wagon may return

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SRR21, Jul 14, 2015.

1. FeaR

FeaR Member

There is no way they will trade TJ for cap relief. Only if they can upgrade the position they should consider it.

2. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

If Lawson wasn't acquired yesterday then I would agree with you, but Hayes may be more important if Howard is missing games off back to backs.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

At this point I can't think of a single player that would be worth trading even in order to keep Harrell.

More than likely if this is the case, and the Rockets are forced to give Harrell above min, I would think they waive Wood, and don't bring him into camp.

It would seem though that like Canaan before, as a 2nd rounder, he probably takes a lesser amount. I have faith Morey can figure something out.

4. malakas

malakas Member

We could give him a one year min and promise him a new good contract next year.
    He is a high second rounder and these guys are usually paid (usually 3 year contracts two guaranteed one non guaranteed for 900k or so).

5. mag

mag Contributing Member

We don't need any other PF. According to this board, Hayes can stop all the best PF :grin:

6. mockster

mockster Member

I like hayes, he's cool and he was once a rocket but man I would pass on him. With other guys out there like boozer I would try and snatch sombody who sctuslly puts up more then 1.9 ppg and 3 reb per game

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Someone please explain. I'm guessing this means that Harrell + Terry + Hayes pushes us above the tax apron and thereby reduces our MLE to the lux-tax-MLE, which would mean that KJ took the whole thing and left nothing for Harrell?

And so what if we don't get Harrell on a Parsonsesque sweetheart deal? He'll probably spend the season in D-League and then get traded. Like Nick Johnson and Isaiah Canaan. We're at a stage where we don't really need to be worrying about prospects out of the second round.

8. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

The hypothetical is based on some emotional breakdown you are about to have.

Morey just said that Harrell is more ready to play now. I doubt he dwells in DL grooming himself for another team.

9. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

KJ got $10M over 3 years. The lux-MLE is $3.2M which would mean KJ gets most if not all (and by most I mean not enough space to sign Harrell using the MLE).