1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chuck or Jsmoove?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by beardnation, Jul 29, 2015.

?

Chuck or Jsmoove?

1. Chuck Wagon

75 vote(s)
    27.6%
  2. Jsmoove

197 vote(s)
    72.4%
  1. chandlerbang21

anyone voting for hayes is an idiot. He wont touch the floor unless dwight gets injured and then DMO will take the 3rd center spot

2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lin or Brent Price

3. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Cheese fries or broccoli... They both have good and bad things associated with them. I choose whichever is available when I'm hungry.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

1. Yes, I absolutely think leadership improves team performance. In the case of Josh Smith, I think he'd have a deleterious effect simply because we'd have 3 power forwards playing for their next contract and really only playing time for two of them. Smith returning probably meant Jones getting traded, and offsetting some of the ability advantage Smith is supposed to have over Hayes. I give credit to Smith for recognizing the situation for what it was and going elsewhere instead.

2. I don't think just any veteran will do, though I do think veterans do have something that younger players just can't bring. But, I think we can have confidence in Chuck Hayes specifically because of the Rockets' prior experience with him. He was a good presence back then, and was given a lot of credit even as a young player to bring leadership and locker room benefits then. He may have slowed down a little physically, but he should be much the same man in that regard.

In general, real basketball isn't like NBA Live. You don't just stack up the best winshares you can find. The team is dynamic and you have to find parts that are fit for purpose. If Smith stayed, we could have traded Jones and made it work. But, I'm happier with Jones, so that means I'm happier with Hayes. Hayes can coexist with Jones, where Smith cannot.

5. izeroi

izeroi Member

Such a silly question.

Can't believe the homers who choose Chuck in the poll.