1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chuck or Jsmoove?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by beardnation, Jul 29, 2015.

?

Chuck or Jsmoove?

1. Chuck Wagon

75 vote(s)
    27.6%
  2. Jsmoove

197 vote(s)
    72.4%
  1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Smith is obviously the better player. But, he didn't fit into a clear role and was a bad fit for 12th-man/lockerroom vet. Chuck Hayes fits that job description well and is at a point in his career where he can accept not being in the regular rotation. So, Chuck Hayes.

2. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

Wouldn't it be more analogous to compare Hayes + Lawson or JSmoove in the interim? I'm pretty sure it's not one or the other. If our FO decided to commit to JSmoove, I'm reasonably sure that they could've worked something out.

Also, if the past is any indication of the Rox's/Morey's MO, we're still keeping flexible for a 3rd big banana in the near future.

1 person likes this.
  3. yao2kmart

yao2kmart Member

Defense wins championships and Hayes won't take away shots from harden and howard and lawson. Hayes all day!

4. Bezzle

Bezzle Member

There should be a random thoughts banter thread for thread topics like these..

5. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

49 people (as of 7/30/2015 at 5:30pm ct) need to be put on posting restrictions.

Chuck Hayes is a 5th big man, at best. Josh Smith is one of the best 6th man options in the NBA and a solid starting 4.

6. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Josh got the BAE (2.1 per year). First of all. Second of all this thread should be comparing Hayes and Dorsey since they'll be the same role. And we don't need more talent. We're 13 players deep in talent. We need leadership. Hayes fills that void more than smith ever wished he could.

7. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

I wish we kept Smith, and leveraged T-Jones for a pick.

That would've been best case. And Dorsey would've still been traded, as would've Pablo, Kostas, and Nick, so we could've signed Hayes to replace Joey.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Royce White or Kenyon Martin or Dennis Rodman?

9. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Chuck + Lawson or Jsmoove + Prigs?

10. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Josh Smith got the exact same contract from the Clippers, Chuck Hayes got from the Rockets. Exact same.

11. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

the dallas has beens or the philadelphia tankers?

the 50 mil contract pay cut not even 42 games played last two seasons kobe bryant lead los angeles lakers or the we didnt even know we were in the playoffs boston celtics?

12. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Do you guys really think leadership and locker room presence actually affects player/team ability?

Furthermore, how do we know Chuck Hayes has leadership/locker room presence? It seems like anyone who has been in the league 10 years is automatically a leader or a mentor when it's mainly up to personality to determine that.

So my answer is that I would rather have Smith purely on the fact that he brings a lot more to the basketball court in terms of skill. I love Chuck Hayes and won't forget the memories of him in his younger years.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

5th > 6th

14. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Oh we're talking about this upcoming year. Thought we were comparing last years contract to this years. My bad.

15. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Idk why it quoted the first one. My bad.

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Can you really expect to win a championship with two starters shooting sub 50% from the charity stripe and one of them chucking up 3's at a .285 career clip ?!

Smith contributed a lot to last years success but he also left you scratching your head an awful lot .... Letting him walk was probably the right thing to do since you have both DMo & Jones who can start and Harrell for spot / emergency situations.

Maybe they take a shot on Boozer .... he'd be a pretty good 3rd option at the PF spot even if he still has that Jazz stench on him .... The Hayes signing may have put an end to that tho.

17. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

this thread is pointless. I want the player who actually wants to play for the Rockets. Smith did not want to be here and the Chuck Wagon does. It's as simple as that.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

It really is as simple as that. Got to play the hand you are dealt.

19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I love what smith did last year. But I'd rather have Hayes. He knows his role. Smith is 1000x more talented. But if everyone is healthy next year (big if) then I think tj and Dmo can take us where we want to go. Don't have to worry about chuck wanting to get minutes and being discontent. He knows his role.

20. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Smith IMO is a net zero player. There will be games where he amazes you and wins a game and there will be games where you will scratch your head and wonder WTF he is doing. Couple that with the fact that he doesn't seem like the most stable guy emotionally and his pathetic free throw shooting and I take the Chuckwagon. Now if we didn't have both TJones, Capella and DMo it would be totally different.