1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chuck or Jsmoove?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by beardnation, Jul 29, 2015.

?

Chuck or Jsmoove?

1. Chuck Wagon

75 vote(s)
    27.6%
  2. Jsmoove

197 vote(s)
    72.4%
  1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

but seriously id rather have joel anthony
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/v2akdYIFJ2A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. photojoe

photojoe Member

Ty Lawson or Alexey Shved?

3. Bezzle

Bezzle Member

James Harden or Toney Douglas?

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Need a neither option .... Rather someone who isn't a liability in multiple facets of the game. Neither shoot well from the stripe , Hayes isn't good offensively and Smith does a lot of things well then leaves you scratching your head thinking why the hell did he do that ?!

5. photojoe

photojoe Member

Trevor Ariza or Glen Rice Jr?

6. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Guys, it's more like Randolph or DMo

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Howard or Dorsey?

8. Sanity2disChaos

I really wished jones stayed...smh..damn...With the Lawson addition. Lob city

9. photojoe

photojoe Member

ummm....

TJones or JSmoove?

10. photojoe

photojoe Member

Kostas Papanikolaou or Vassilis Spanoulis?

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Such a joke... Hayes is a nice guy and tries hard, but sure as hell wouldn't have helped the rockets in LAC series...

Van Gundy started Hayes because of heart/injuries/lack of 4 (or 5 when yao fell apart)... unfortunately you could say the same thing about Lin, lol (tries hard). Oh yes, locker room presence, whoopty ****ing do, Houston already had Terry and even has Hakeem still around, this is basically a practice role/bench role... I mean if Hayes does anything other than sit on the bench you might as well cancel your season tickets (because everyone is injured)

jesus someone mentioned the 2009 run... Hayes had nothing to do with that ****, oh right 3 rpg or some ****, rofl (adelman had no choice, but ****ing yao in a wheelchair would have been better). If people are really looking for nostalgic trip he would have probably been better off as Howard's free throw coach :) hey at least it might get Howard into the 60% range.

12. photojoe

photojoe Member

Don't forget that was the year that Mutombo had his career ending injury in the first round of the playoffs against the Blazers and then Yao got injured (again) in the second round of the playoffs against the Lakers.

We lost Yao and Mutombo. That left us with a big man rotation of Chuck Hayes, Carl Landry, Luis Scola, Brian Cook and, of course, Joey Dorsey.

I think you aren't going to get a fair response from Clutchfans posters. Most of us, myself included, are biased. We love Chuck Hayes. I love Chuck Hayes. He plays hard. He plays smart. He was the epitome of our team during those years- had definite weaknesses but had heart and played his ass off every single night. Plus, who doesn't get a good laugh from watching Chuck shoot free throws.

That said, he should be nothing more than situational minutes and insurance against injury. And for that role, I think he will be fine. He should be better than Joey Dorsey. Won't make too much difference on our team and shouldn't play much in the playoffs, but you really can't expect much more than that for the 12-15 bench guys.

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Definitely don't disagree with your assessment. I mean I really liked his toughness/heart, and as 12-15 on roster that's fine. Yeah, I remember all the injuries, so frustrating.

Also, I'd take Chuck Hayes any day over Dorsey (so definitely agree with you there too).

14. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Lin or Lawson? Both begin with an L and both play point guard. One plays drunk and one plays like he's drunk.

15. PJ86

PJ86 Member

I seriously take Hayes

16. fbk81116657

fbk81116657 Member

Josh Smith is a playmaker of big man, his pass was underrated.
    Foremost, his ability of protecting the rim was the best of our PF. We will miss him.

17. Ratman

Ratman Member

This.

18. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Basketballholic or Jopatmc

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

tinman or Zboy

20. marky :)

marky :) Member