1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CHUCK HAYES!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jan 20, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

and Ben Wallace is too short to be a center! :D

2. mogrod

mogrod Member

Right. I don't want to discount his performance. He played great tonight and could very well turn into a nice rotational player, but the Bulls were playing small ball most of the second half.

Besides, how will he be able to stay with the team anyway? I thought he was signed only because of the injury-exemption the NBA gave the Rockets. So, I would think it would be EXTREMELY hard to keep him when they get an injured player back.

On a side note, what the hell is up with Chandler? It seems he barely played this game. Him and Duhon both should be getting a lot more playing time. If they don't want to play them, I know of a team in Houston that they would fit VERY nicely on.

3. rocketsmetalspd

Nicely put..Enough said..It takes heart and this guy has it...I will hoping for the best for CH..

4. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Yeah he's only, 6-6 but the kid has heart. Barkley was only 6-5. I am not saying he is the next Barkley, but size is overated.

5. hashmander

hashmander Member

wallace wasn't cut by the magic. they gave him his first real shot. i think it's the wiz/bullets that cut him.

6. gucci888

gucci888 Member

Let's give him a 5 year 35M contract w/ player option on the 6th year. :cool:

7. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Member

Chuck Hayes reminds me of Corliss Williamson and KT who have similar body types and both of whom have had good careers so far.

8. Fegwu

Fegwu Member

I really hate stupid post like these. Have you ever even heard of the word "epiphany"? You do know that there was reason why Chucky wasn't drafted? Damn you people....

:rolleyes:

9. solid

solid Member

If he is only 6'6" then how tall is TMac? I saw them standing together and Hayes was taller. I thought TMac was about 6'8". Maybe it was the camera angle, but he looked taller. He sure played tall. How easy is it for a rookie to go into a game after a seven game losing streak, on the road, and get a double-double, and a win? I was very impressed by his performance. If he does this a couple more times, wow, what a pleasant surprise!

10. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Member

It was me, and I watched the game. But I didn't say he wasn't a good defender; I said he wasn't a GREAT defender. At 6'6" he's not a guy I want defending KG et al, although it's not like we have a much better option, I suppose. Still he had that nice block/recovery into the timeout right before regulation ended. I'm excited to see what he can do.

Regardless, he may have played Baxter out of the lineup tonight. Keep it up!

11. solid

solid Member

Epiphany means the manifestation of a deity, and I know it is late, but the word's appropriateness in your context eludes me. :confused:

12. xcomputerman

xcomputerman Contributing Member

Meh. Too much haterade.

1. Epiphany
    1. A Christian feast celebrating the manifestation of the divine nature of Jesus to the Gentiles as represented by the Magi.
    2. January 6, on which this feast is traditionally observed.
    2. A revelatory manifestation of a divine being.
    1. A sudden manifestation of the essence or meaning of something.
    2. A comprehension or perception of reality by means of a sudden intuitive realization: “I experienced an epiphany, a spiritual flash that would change the way I viewed myself” (Frank Maier).

13. solid

solid Member

And if this is the most likely meaning of Fegwu's comment, how does this relate to the discussion about Hayes? I'm going to bed, I will check your answer tommorrow. Talk about derailing an interesting discussion of Hayes' performance. :eek:

14. xcomputerman

xcomputerman Contributing Member

Way to sidestep the obvious fact that you just got pwned by Webster's Dictionary. :)

15. Fegwu

Fegwu Member

It is mental laziness to heap everything on coach Gundy - I detest intellectual laziness (I am not referring to you, Solid). There could be so many reasons why Chucky did not make it the first time. As a long life long fan of the Wild Cats of the blue grass state, I knew Chucky was a victim of numbers and I accepted it even though I selfishly wanted him to stay on.

The point is that the proverbial light bulb comes on in players at different times of their careers. I strongly believe the light bulb (epiphany) came on for Mr. Hayes when he was sent down to the NBDL. I have followed him all his career and I am not sure I have even seen him this hungry and determined to make an impact.

He was not cut because coach did not believe in him - he was just 4 deep in the depth chart....and rightfully so behind Howard, Stro and the nig man from Maryland U. This is not an uncommon happenstance [sic] - the great strories of sudden greatness abound all over NBA and sports history in general; the list is dizzying from the Mario Elis to Curt Warners of this world.

EPIPHANY is the reason for me.

16. ccjj

ccjj Member

17. surrender

surrender Member

Racist

:p

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Member
    Supporting Member

Great game by Chuck, but I am not ready to give up on Stro quite yet. He was stringing toghether some solid games and I think hell be an excellent contributor when he gets healty. Release Mooch, Keep chuck.

19. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Member

20. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Member

this shows you how much care this team has for one another. man, i LOVE this team!