1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chuck Hayes signing with Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Amel, Aug 31, 2015.

1. lazybum234

lazybum234 Member

son of a...

2. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Doc strategy:

if Morey does it, I might as well try and do it myself.

3. BleedsRocketRed

What in the F...? This is getting annoying

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I don't even really care.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol

Smith
    Prigioni
    Hayes
    Aldrich
    Cassell(coach)
    Woodson(coach)
    Hamilton(waived last month)

HOW MANY EX ROCKETS DO THEY NEED?

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't think Doc realizes ex-Rockets don't seem to perform well on other teams. Can anyone name an ex-Rocket that has done well after leaving the Rockets? You would have to go WAAAY back: Moses Malone.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lowry/Dragic have been doing pretty well.

1 person likes this.
  8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Jebus... at least they didn't lose DeAndre Jordan to us and then steal him back. Chuck deserves to play though. He deserves a contract.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Essentially like the Toronto Rockets but because they are fierce rivals in the West and have about the same kind of talent we have arguably this one is a tough one

10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Robert Horry became champion 5 more times. Sam Cassell went on to be a far better player than he ever was with Houston. Cuttino Mobley went to a couple of different teams, but I think he averaged over or around 20ppg for the Clips. Trevor Ariza whooped some *** with the Wizards. Shane Battier won two championships. Mario Elie won another chip with San Antonio, maybe two.. can't remember. Kyle Lowry and the Dragon are both clearly better elsewhere.

You do not have to go way back. And I don't think the Clippers are looking for Moses type production.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You sure about that? They are good players but haven't had much success.

12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

of course they are... smh...

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Horry might have had some post Rockets success... ;)
    And based on the checks that Lowry and Dragic are cashing... I'd call their post Rockets existences at least "doing well" lol

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lowry has led the Raptors to highest winning record in their franchise history, and has made 2 consecutive all star games ... if that isn't success then what is? Dragic has also been balling.

Hill, Patterson, Lee, Martin, Marcus and Parsons have played just as well outside of a Rockets jersey as they did in one as well.

I know players like Brooks, Budinger, Landry and Scola have fallen off since, but mostly due to injuries and age, for the most part our cast offs haven't done so bad on other teams.

15. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

I love Chuck, but this couldn't be any less significant

16. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Does anyone know why Chuck Hayes did not sign with the Rockets? His agent says that financial considerations, but I believe the Clippers signed him to a minimum contract that isn't even guaranteed. I personally think the Clippers should have just signed Big Baby since he has history with many of the team members, but this one came out of left field. At the very least though, Hayes used to be really good at defending Blake Griffin...maybe they will use him to help work out Griffin at practice or something or help Griffin with his defensive spacing. I doubt he gets too much actual playing time though outside of garbage time.

17. slestack11

slestack11 Member

With the exception of maybe Cassell and Hayes, I don't think any of these guys can be considered Rockets fixtures or anything. I mean, Josh Smith and Pablo Prigioni played half a season with the Rockets last year. Aldrich was a portion of a season as well. Mike Woodson actually was on the Clippers as a player before he was on the Rockets, but he was pretty much a journeyman and Hamilton is barely qualified to play in the NBA...plus the Clippers waived him already. And Cassell maybe had his best years as an NBA player when he was on the Clippers playing with Cat Mobley.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Good points. After being very important players for the Rockets most went on to be NBA journeymen, OK support players and marginal franchise players. It will be fun to see how Josh and Chuck perform as Clippers.

19. Chamillionaire

DALLAS and LAC both trying to take all of Morey's players. Moreyball works. They can't do it so they're just taking our leftovers.

Either way, Harrell and his potential > Hayes and his 1 year contract.

20. 25CookemHarden

Annoyed for two reasons:

1) Hayes is going to the clippers who looks like they look at DM and try to copy his moves.

2) at all the annoying clutchfaners who act like we pummeled and whooped the clippers. They are a force and will be top 3 in the west and top 5 in the NBA. I didn't think Doc Rivers could have pulled out a good off season, but he really did. The signing of Pierce is golden. He can still give you good minutes and is "clutch"

regardless, both of our teams made improvements where we need it most. PG for rockets, and depth for clips.