1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chuck Hayes not signing with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Aug 27, 2015.

1. mclawson

mclawson Member

Memphis kept going at Chuck too after those really difficult shots by Gasol went in at first. Then Chuck put them on lock-down. Ridiculous footwork and fundamentals. He should have pulled a GATTACA leg-break-regrow procedure early in his career to gain a few inches. He'd be DPOY at least a few times.

2. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Definitely should give Hayes another call.

If not for the 15th spot, to be an assistant coach ala Powell was.

3. amaru

amaru Member

I'd certainly welcome him back. I just don't know if there is any interest from either side.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think the Rockets did offer him a coaching position, but Chuck wanted to play.

5. whathappened

whathappened Member

Would be nice to have Hayes come in and shut down Aldridge, Griffin, Gasol, Draymond in the playoffs

6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Is there anyone in NBA who can shut down Aldridge, Griffin, Gasol, Draymond? :confused:

7. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

shut down draymond? from scoring 9 points?

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Stop living in the past

Hayes is done as a player. He is fat and lazy and will not stop anyone. Another end of bench scrub at this stage

9. BigVic785

BigVic785 Member

Lazy is the opposite of what Chuck Hayes, the basketball player, represents. He may have lost a step and athleticism, but to imply Chuck Hayes, the man who had to overcome his lack of NBA size and lack of traditional athletic gifts to become an above average defender, is lazy is just wrong .

1 person likes this.
  10. HTM

HTM Member

You're a scrub poster but we keep you around.

3 people like this.
  11. FTW Rockets FTW

He got fat because he got lazy. He was good back in the Lowry-Martin-Bud-Scola- Hayes era but he is DONE

If you think Chuck Hayes today can stop the likes of Griffin and LMA, you seriously haven't been watching much basketball around the league.

12. HTM

HTM Member

these two are two of the best PF in the entire NBA... only a handful of guys in the entire league have a hope of "stopping" them - and even then, it's not guaranteed.

Please, enlighten us who the Rockets can reasonably acquire who will be able to play lock down defense on these two.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

It took some luck stopping Griffin.. The fouls the Rox didn't get away with earlier in the series all of sudden weren't being called. Wish the league would be consistent on both ends but that's just a pipe dream for officiating in this league.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

I was responding to the post below saying that Chuck Hayes can shut them down. Do you even read brah?

15. HTM

HTM Member

I try not to pay too much attention to you brah, you're pretty insufferable.

1 person likes this.
  16. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Count me in the group that thinks he can still contribute on the court. As a Rocket, he was usually the only "big" who played defense. Imagine what he could do with guys like Dwight and Capela roaming the paint.

17. FTW Rockets FTW

Then don't come here blowing your horns when you don't even know your basketball. Stick to your eggball and your losing Texans.

18. dmoneybangbang

He could be elite in spurts. I think he can be serviceable at about 10-15 min off the bench as we play very up tempo. I am definitely for Hayes shoring up the front court but I would temper your expectations.

I am just not sure how the financials/cap would work out, not that I'd expect Hayes to be expensive in the least.

19. Rokman

Rokman Member

ROFL!! I wish more people could just respond like this instead of the childish arguing. Hilarious

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Should Chuck Hayes replace McHale or Morey?