1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chuck Hayes not signing with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Aug 27, 2015.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Yahoo Sources: Likelihood is free agent Carlos Boozer waits for NBA season to start, sees where a need and fit develops with playoff team.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/637326777023602689">August 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

1) He's not going to come here to be a 3rd string PF
    2) **** that guy

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

But what does Carlos Boozer have to do with Chuck Hayes?

If the money was tight for Chuck Hayes, where are they getting money for Carlos Loozer?

4. craguin

craguin Member

5. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

LMAO relax dude. His tweets can mean a totally different thing. I swear clutchfans need to have an IQ test to join. :rolleyes:

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

So TJ's good showing in the team USA scrimmage (e.g. looked healthy) has another team interested. And because a TJ trade is upcoming, that is why Morey had to change courses and not sign Hayes. Roster spot needed or cap considerations with regards to being hard capped?

"package the assets": TJ plus Harrell? TJ plus (who?)

7. finsraider

finsraider Member

That scrimmage was a farce. TJones' showing at that event will help us in trades about as much as Beverley's Skills Challenge victory helped him in free agency......ie not at all.

8. thekad

thekad Member

That and a potential trade would nothing to do with Hayes' particularly guaranteed contract. Neither institutes a hard cap, only using the MLE does.

Codman has no idea what he's talking about. Again.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I didn't watch it. I just assumed Codman was referring to that since TJ didn't play in the summer league.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Chuckwagon pls

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Sounds like fan (or anti-fan) fiction.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

in other words, there's no market for him lol

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

insert "I ain't even mad" jpeg

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If the Rockets pulled what they had already offered off the table, then it's not cool. Pulling out after verbal agreement is just not an honorable business dealing, whether it's from the team or from the player.

If they waited too long and Hayes decided to just look for something else, it would not be the first time. Remember Hayes signing with the Kings when we were waiting for that "basketball reasons" deal? Remember Lowry signing with Toronto while we were waiting for "the key to a championship formula"?

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

^^
    Just want to add that I am not saying Morey intentionally mislead or mishandle the case. I am just pointing out that even Morey cannot anticipate all possibilities, and that he makes mistakes, and that he can't control everything.

It is very likely that he got himself stuck by the Harrell situation and he'd rather eat his words and look bad than honor his words and make a less than desirable move.

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

Both DMo & Jones gone?

17. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

We told smith who saved our season last year that we didn't have minutes for him, why would Hayes think he would get in rotation or get paid...

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

This was pretty close to a perfect offseason. If you told me I'd be devastated that Chuck Hayes was let go before the offseason started, I would have laughed. I'm not laughing now.

Pretty please with sugar on top, figure out a way to make this offseason perfect again.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Definitely hurts to lose Chuck. Valuable player and person for a team like ours.

20. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

All of this times 2.