1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chuck Hayes' new commercial in china

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bob718, Aug 1, 2007.

1. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Didn't you hear? Morey is getting Shaq as our backup Center. Miami will get Rafer and a 2nd round pick in return.

2. Daw204

Daw204 Member

It was 2 years ago when we were lottery bound. JVG said we were not tanking any games and Chuck was playing at the end of the game. He and Rafer trapped the opposing playerin the backcourt and Chuck came up with the ball. Then he slammed it two handed to give us the one point lead and the victory. I forget what team we were playing against but it was sweet.

3. seanluu

seanluu Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b4EZsz9z7HI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b4EZsz9z7HI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

chuck hayes dunks it in at 1:01 about

4. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

That was a NASTY rebound.

5. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

Honestly, believe it or not, I almost piss my pants when I saw this, but he was in the DUNK CONTEST during college. Video of it on youtube somewhere. He didn't win it but duh, why would he. But he was in it, the fact alone still blows my mind.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Whatever else happens to Chuck's career, he can always tell his grand kids about how he got first billing over Shaq on his shoe commercial.

This is GREAT.

7. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Yep he was, I watched for him and Jason Maxiell.

Here's the you tube highlights

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/quPggD_RNck"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/quPggD_RNck" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

8. jason_long

jason_long Member

chuck in the same commercial with shaq, wow,
    i luv chuck

9. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

LOL :D

10. tracyyao01

tracyyao01 Member

i liked the commercial. :D

11. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Shaq looks so cool at the end of the commercial.

12. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

So does this commercial speak to the high popularity of Chuck in China or the severe dwindling of Shaq's popularity worldwide. Any time Shaq and Chuck Hayes are on even keel for endorsements...you gotta think Shaq should be concerned

13. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I say it's the popularity of Chuck. I hear any player would instantly become a celebrity in China if they become a Rockets. :cool:

14. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

They probably didn't think Chuck was popular enough to support a commercial on his own, so they had to put two of their signees together. They have Damon Jones on contract too.. does he have a commercial?

15. tracyyao01

tracyyao01 Member

anybody who plays for the rockets with good playing time could get a commercial in china.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

A Damon Jones commerciall will probably cause people to not buy their shoes.

17. will2km

will2km Member

Yes, he does.

<object width="400" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.tudou.com/v/LP8r_y9P9GE"></param><embed src="http://www.tudou.com/v/LP8r_y9P9GE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="350" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="opaque"></embed></object>

18. abundance

abundance Member

I don't understand it. How come Damon Jones swing a chinese shoe contract? He isn't a star player and he doesn't play with Yao.

19. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

I doubt it has any significant effect in negotiations because nothing is really guaranteed during the negotiation period. I think Chuck and Battier are affable guys which is why they have deals in China. I wouldn't be surprised is Francis receives some kind of endorsement deal in the near future because of his love fest for Yao.

20. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

shaq's teammate