1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chuck Hayes Injury (UPDATE: Hayes out atleast 2 weeks)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by airmanz, Nov 12, 2006.

1. today

today Contributing Member

Agreed... He's got a decent mid-range jumper, but he's a ZERO in every other category. A huge liability.

2. tracymingreedy

tracymingreedy Contributing Member

Man, I don't like what you said. :eek: I like Novak too but not with the expense of the injury of a hardworking, fighting player like Hayes.

3. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

Didn't look like Shaq was trying to hurt Hayes to me. It looked like Shaq was doing what Battier always does. He just slid into position. Though if it was Battier standing there, he would have been knocked down by Hayes.

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

my guess is that if chuck will have to miss any games, we will see shane at PF with tmac at SF and snyder the starting SG. deke, juwon and head off the bench.

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Shaq had a hyperxtended knee before. He miissed 2 games.

Jermaine O'Neal also has had a hyperextended knee. He missed 5 games.

Hopefully Chuck only misses a handful of games and is back 100%.

Please God....... no surgery or anything that requires him to be out for extended period of time.

Save us all from Juwan Howard. :(

6. Bassfly

Bassfly Member

from feigan's blog: http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2006/11/south_beach_is_lovely_in_june.html#more

7. happyricky

happyricky Contributing Member

I don't think Shaq did it intentionally. It was just a bad luck, like what Yao did to Manu 2 years ago. I hope he could recover soon, since I don't want to see JH on the court for even one minute.

8. Charlie Chen

Charlie Chen Member

God bless Hayes.

Maybe he should get a rest to prepare for breakout in play-off. It is also another opportunity for Jeff to observe other backup players~~. And create other backup team chemical reactions. If so, Rocket will have enough strength to challenge the champion!

9. Panda

Panda Member

That's bad for the Rockets, the only comfort is maybe more minutes for Novak. Everytime I looked at the boxscore Chuckie grabbed a lot of rebounds compared to his minutes.

10. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

I guess we just have to wait until the MRI results come out. It really did not look good. I hope for the best. Chuck is playing great basketball right now.

11. jason_long

jason_long Member

good luck to Chuckie

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

he'll be back and in shape
    so will bonzi i hope :D

13. jjryulee

jjryulee Member

I always be no confident to you ,and wish a biger size PF instead you before.

But after look these games.I am supprised by your power.
    sorry to you .and i will pray for you.
    Rockets need you!

14. GreatRox

GreatRox Member

I hope he can be back soon, he is a very important factor on the defensive side.

not many pretty numbers, but if he is there, the play is going to run smoothly.

15. fstmac

fstmac Member

he will be ok the day after tomorrow

16. NothingButNet

NothingButNet Member

Just in case anybody wants to know what hyperextended knee injury is, there a Linky.

So if Monday's MRI shows no ligament tear, Chuck will be back to lineup very soon. Otherwise, it the Rockets want to achieve the defensive harmony in the future, a trade for PF must be made before the trading deadline. We certainly can't reply on Juwon if we want to achieve higher level. And also it's time to start playing Supernova at PF to gain his game experience and confidence. With Yao being so dominate and T-Mac more passing-minded and Novak's shooting ability, it should at least cancel off his defensive shortcoming and blend him in the team system. Like Sunday's Heat game, can you see how difficult for Rockets to score from outside in the first half? It's not like we were not given several open looks, but unfortunately neither Rafer, Shane or Luther could bank them it. If a couple of them were taken by Novak, it'd be the sure thing. We all want to see high scoring games, in my opinion it'd be better in the half the score is 52:49 than 42:39.

My PF rotation order: Chuck > Novak > Juwon > Padgett

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Now way!!!!

Should be...

Chuck > Novak > Padgett > your dog > a carrot in your fridge > Juwan

18. chris_Rocket

chris_Rocket Member

Come back soon, Chuckie!!

19. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

if Chuck doesnt play

yao needs to get those extra 6 rebounds + 6 points

hence Yao's stats for the next game = 40pts + 20 rebounds :eek:

20. bubbachuck

bubbachuck Member

Does anyone here know how long exactly will take to recover from hyperextented knee? Hope no more than 2 days.