1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chuck Hayes at the barbershop...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bigbodymoe, Mar 23, 2007.

1. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

Before this season began I ran into Chuck Hayes at my barbershop and had a nice discussion about his offseason/moves/JVG as a coach etc.

Well today I walked into the barbershop and guess who's there...yep, you guessed it, the Chuck wagon himself. It shocked me that he actually remembered me and my name since our last meeting in the summer. As always he was a very down to earth, humble individual who was willing to discuss just about anything and kept it very real.

I asked him about JVG's comments last night about the teams toughness and finishing out games. he didnt elaborate too much aside from saying that a reporter informed him of JVG's comments. However, he said that JVG sent the same message to the team in the locker room.

A pretty hilarious moment is when the barber started making fun of Chuck's fouling tendencies and the fact that he's starting to "argue" calls. Chuck had his girl with him, she was absolutely beautiful and was pregnant (which prompted a barbershop discussion after they left about her being a "golddigger"...in my eyes, pretty much a bunch of broke guys who wished they went home to that every night. At one point while Chuck was there the barber looked at the lady, looked back at chuck and said "Chuck, I see you been foulin at home too" LOL! pure comedy

Me and the barber broke into a "Rafer's shooting inconsistencies will haunt the team" rant. Chuck defended Rafer somewhat but didnt elaborate too much. Just smiled a lil when i said "one night he's 4-6 on threes the next night he is 1-18."

I asked him about Bonzi and his situation, and said he was "semi hurt, semi not getting along with coach" which i think we all knew would be the case.

I also asked him about his free agent status this summer, but Its not fair to him to share any info on that. His answer was NOTHING BAD if thats what any of you wonder.

That pretty much covers the interesting parts of the talk as i remember it around 1 in the afternoon today. As he left we exchanged handshakes and i wished him luck with the rest of the season and playoffs. If clutch feels this is too much info or bad info to give out, please lock or edit the thread as you please. Thanks

2. ham

ham Member

Great post! Thanks for the story/info. I don't think there's too much information. Still, it's probably best if we don't all press bigbodymoe for more information on the free agency thing, in case Chuck talked too much. We don't want Chuck to go through what V-Mac did. Also, if he gave away too much of his intentions, it could hinder him from negotiating the kind of contract he deserves.

3. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

cool... did you get any pics?

4. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Chuck Hayes sounds like a nice guy :)

5. Matador

Matador Member

Good scoop. Thanks for sharing. Any team would love having a guy like Chuck Hayes on their team. I hope the Rockets can re-sign him.

6. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

why didnt u follow him home??

come on man..keep up. :D

7. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

You should have followed him home.

8. zerhoe

zerhoe Member

YES, and stick your head in his garage and car window to take photos while posing with imaginary beers...

9. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Thanks for the story!

Barbershops rock for getting all the good scoop. :)

10. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

why didn't Chuck help the rox to land Randolph

11. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

JVG doesn't need another player he has to push to perform.. let Isiah handle him.

Chuck spent his senior year riding Randolph... obviously not all the advice took.

12. MightySparrow

MightySparrow Member

brb,you didnot mention what kind of haircut did he get...

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

14. spydermex

spydermex Member

i saw chuck hayes at the men's warehouse, a couple weeks back, i assumed he was shopping for the tux and tennies, and i saw his girl, she was hott and everything, but she didnt look pregnant.

15. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

not the same one?... :eek:

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I would erase the part about the conversation about his girl after he left, he might read that on here, and get offended.

No need to offend the Chuckster....we love him.

DD

17. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Yeah after the Rafer thread on how he reads message boards we don't want to single him out for the only person that comes here.

18. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

You people need to start bringing your camera around whenever you go out. Do it for the bbs :)

19. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

since when does rafer read the boards?

20. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

i was able to set up a webcam in Van Gundy's house, we should have a live feed in a couple hours, i pretended to be with the security company.