1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chuck Hayes Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Prince, Nov 14, 2010.

1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

LOL! never met a mind reader before!
    Don't get angry I already apologized!
    This is a "I love Chuck" thread.
    So by all means LOVE YOU SOME CHUCK!
    CHUCK > Stoudemire, Gasol, Bosh, Boozer, Garnett, Scola, & Howard! :grin:
    There! Happy?

BTW

Good game Chuck! ;)

2. albuster

albuster Member

This. I hope Adelman will start using him this way-situational- so that he could have more impact.

3. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

Great play by Chuck.

but it was a fluke.
    Hayes is not the answer on defense.

4. The Joker

The Joker Member

Chuck Hayes shutting down an elite offensive player is a fluke? Where have you been the last few years?

5. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

did you notice when he joined?

6. Strawman

Strawman Member

Chuck "The Situation" Hayes

1 person likes this.
  7. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

I witnessed far more the layup drills by the opponents last season and this season than shutting down the elite players when Hayes was playing.

Shutting down Amare in one game who was playing in Knicks' dump-to-the-big-man-and-watch ofense? no biggie. Anybody can be shutdown in that situation. for example Yao, and Okur was not much of a defensive player.

8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Now Look, I criticize the Chuck as much as anyone, but give the man credit he played a good game last night.

Good game Chuck ;)

9. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

He was freaking playing out of position all season... sigh...

10. Chinahype

Chinahype Member

I hate players like Amare and the way they play. All he does is get out 10-15 ft and face up, then straight up runs into you and flips up a shot and the ref will call it a foul.

11. da_juice

da_juice Member

All of the knicks fans couldn't believe that Amar'e was stopped by a 6'6" player they never heard of.

12. albuster

albuster Member

Hopefully they will soon come to the realization that they overpaid for an above average player without Nash.

13. Prince

Prince Member

that's one good way to appreciate Chuck ;)

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I wasn't sticking my chest out, and the point I was making has nothing to do with us beating the Knicks. People wrongly thought that Adelman was a fool for thinking that Hayes could defend a face-the-basket, bigger, more athletic player like Blatche against Washington. He puts Hayes on Amare -- a similar but much better player than Blatche -- and Chuck locks him down. Hayes isn't always going to shut down opposing players (no defender can), but when coach puts him in for defensive assignments there's usually a very good reason for it. The Rockets understand what Chuck can do on defense far better than most fans do.

15. PeppermintCandy

I remember back in the JVG era, Hayes would be beating up on the opposing teams' power forwards, just real physical play throughout the first half. After a half a game of dealing with Hayes and Yao in the paint, the opponent's bigs were exhausted and many were in foul trouble.

Now, Hayes is like the relieving pitcher in baseball, coming in to shut down the other team's best bigs.

16. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

WOW these Chuck Hayes supporters are kinda like Yao supporters all though far less lol. Listen Chuck Hayes is a good defensive player not great but just good. He could limit big men in the post and sometimes face up, but when he is outmatched (Warriors and Wizards game come into mind) then try another big man MOREY aquired all these bigs for a reason. I love how this is a Chuck Hayes Appreciation thread, but it became a defend Chuck thread lol.

Bulls tonight start Brad Miller on Noah and come with Jordan off the bench. CHUCK IS NOT A CENTER HE IS A PF. Scolas back up.

17. Prince

Prince Member

I'd like to do a Charles Jones Go To Hell thread. :mad:

18. rocketshopeful

he has been shutting down blake griffin numerous times in the second half and got a couple boards over him. flat out amazing.

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Dude, don't jinx it. Game isn't over.

20. rocketshopeful

i didnt gurantee victory. whether we win or lose, chuck hayes would have deserved props.