1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chronicle]Yao & Tracy among early All-Star voting leaders

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by scv_rockets, Dec 27, 2007.

1. NO NAME

NO NAME Member

But the truth is Chinese fans stopped voting for the Rockets player when they saw such a disappointing performace so far.

2. RoxD

RoxD Member

Well said.

Maybe, just maybe, they have nothing else to do. :D

3. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Now please enlighten us with your intelligent guesses. What have you read? Shaq claimed that 10 billion Chinese voted for Yao or Official NBA vote countings of domestic US and Canada paper ballots? It's been beaten to death, but you are so intelligent to guess DESPITE what was written.

BTW, please also enlighten us what you have read or heard, how Chinese voters took TMac over the hump? TMac only became an all star after he joined Rockets? Sure, you implied this or that, are you implying Chinese votes should count less? Otherwise, why is it such a difference to you, whether a vote came from Chinese or non-Chinese?

LOL.

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Have they changed the All Star rules so rookies can't be voted in?

5. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

I don't vote for quitters so McGrady lost my votes.

6. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

As of right now, I find that Kobe is the top vote getter among all guards. However, for the Western Conference, I do find T-Mac at a distant second by 278,575 votes followed by Steve Nash, who is trailing T-Mac by 136,648.

At this time, I would really be having a problem with seeing T-Mac leading Kobe in All-Star votes if that was true. Quite frankly, my NBA all-star votes for Western Conference starters would look like this: The Guards would be Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash, the Center would be Yao Ming, and the forwards would be Tim Duncan and Carmelo Anthony. If Nash was injured, then Tony Parker would be my second choice at Guard.

If the starting backcourt for the West should be Kobe and T-Mac, then we would be seeing a starting backcourt without a true PG while the East would be having a true PG playing in Jason Kidd with Dwyane Wade. In Kobe, you have a guard playing his natural position, in T-Mac, you would have someone playing out of position at guard whose natural position really is SF. Therefore, if the current NBA All-Star voting tallies held true to the very end, then I really think the East will win that All-Star game in New Orleans since the NBA is really a point guard's league today.

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

chinese votes aren't getting these guys in otherwise shane battier would be a starting forward. both yao and tracy are popular players everywhere in the world and would likely start even without the internet.

yao's probably the only deserving one but i'll vote for t-mac and even battier. i don't turn on my team.

8. James23

James23 Member

T-mac and Yao DON'T deserve to be in the all-star game. Even though Yao has the stats, Chris Kaman and Stoudamire are playing better.

Btw, why are we, Rockets fans, care about the all-star game when our team is an embarrassment?

9. Astockmarketgod

agreed Tmac and Yao both dont deserve to be in the allstar game this year...

however Yao gets 2nd team... by default since.. the center position is so weak... and Amare is playing only a bit better than Yao right now

I voted for Kobe and Amare

10. CDogg

CDogg Rookie

I didnt vote this for the first time in many years

11. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I find it embarrassing how Battier and Scola are up there in the voting returns way ahead of other players who deserve to be reserves... :eek:

12. cyberdemon_lord

amare might be the worst big man defender in the nba.

kaveman isnt playing too poorly but his numbers are on a bad team.

13. thatboyz

thatboyz Contributing Member

14. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

Tracy mcgrady doesn't deserve to start along side kobe. His team is having the best stretch of the season with him on the bench and his game and impact is certainly not better than that of iverson, nash, or cpaul. Chinese fans should vote yao in every year because yao is a chinese but mclady having this many votes is F'd up and Im a chinese.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Totally agree on Amare. He plays so uninspired. If he isn't running and taking a pass from Nash he completely gives up. Dantoni should be embarrassed to have a player give that kind of effort.

16. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Yeah lets vote him in.. I'd rather see him than Iverson anyday.

If CF.net gets together we can almost surely get him in.. I don't think he'll make it on his own. Denver fans and other team fans will make a final push to get their stars in... Watch, it'll happen.

17. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Don't you know a simple logic. YOFs=Chinese=TOHs. Now, who are the Chinese voting??? :confused:

18. jason2

jason2 Member

the fact is really that no one else deserve the votes other than YAO in West conf. many people(including me) don't borther to vote for YAO as we know YAO will start for West.

19. battousai

battousai Member

man people just never bother to read or think these days.

Read the above top of the page post regarding how All-star structured and how people votes.

you think Amare deserved to be in there before Yao? well, I think Chris paul should be in there along with Nash.

However, I am going to boycott this year's all-star, because they blocked Yi.

Why YI is on the ballot when Scola is? not saying scola doesn't deserve it. number 6 high draft is not on the ballot?

regardless if all the chinese fans will or will not vote for YI, that reason is biased and racist. that defeats the whole reason for a all-star.

As long as that player is playing in that year that player should be on the ballot.

That's like black people crying out loud that US are dominated by white people. therefore all the federal laws were made to protect white people only.

20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

are all top 10 draft picks on the ballot except yi? if that's the case you have a valid complaint and that's pretty sh!tty on the leagues part.