1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRONIC] Texans extend maximum offer to TE Daniels

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6283352.html

The Texans extended qualifying offers to five third-year restricted free agents, including tight end Owen Daniels.

Daniels was extended the maximum, which means a team willing to sign him to an offer sheet must part with first- and third-round draft choices if the Texans don’t match.

Others being tendered were receiver David Anderson, offensive tackle Rashad Butler, defensive end Earl Cochran and tight end Joel Dreessen.

The Texans also signed free safety Eugene Wilson to a three-year contract and center Chris White and defensive end Stanley McClover to one-year contracts.

2. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Nice. Owen Daniels should be locked up.

3. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

He deserves it... hopefuly this next season he'll get some more touchdowns

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They need to sign him to a long term contract. It makes me nervous the way they are putting that and Demeco's contract negotiations off.

5. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

As much as I like Daniels, I'm kind of curious to see if any team thinks that he is worth a #1 and a #3.

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I don't think there's any tight end in the league, Gates included, who could command that. Wouldn't mind being wrong, though.

7. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Gates in his prime (healthy) could.