1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRONIC] Rockets intend to distribute workload

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Sep 27, 2010.

1. nebula955

nebula955 Member

Sounds like Scola. Of all the backups, his is the worst considering he gets Hayes while the others gets Bud, Lee, and Lowry.

2. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

there go the fantasy stats

3. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

If only we could use mpg. Those back to back games where Yao can't play would only add to the mpg for Miller/Hill/etc.

4. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Good points. Hill was badly needed last year because he was the only guy over 6'9" and had some athleticism. I remember the games where they put him in thinking how nice it was to have someone over 6'6" at the center. But it couldn't hide how raw he is.

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Hill likely sees time at C.

I disagree, Hill will be a good shot blocker once he learns the game a little bit more. As good as Chuck is, you can't really compensate for height. Go watch the Nets game last year where Hayes was getting torched by Lopez, and then Hill comes in and shuts him down.

This isn't true. Hill is a much better finisher at the rim, he has a jumper from the corner and his post moves are in process. The guy is a rookie and saw little time. You have to have patience.

Not sure, we will see.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I could see that happening, i guess i was thinking strictly at the PF spot.

I'm not sure you're really disagreeing because i was talking about him not being a shot blocker at the moment. You're saying he will be one, or could be one, eventually. That's pretty much the option i left open by saying he could earn more time by improving his shot blocking.

"Able to get to the rim quickly vertically" usually means he finishes better, so that was implied, so i agree there too. The jury on his J is still out, i'd like to see how consistent it is over a season...i'm not bashing the guy or predicting he'll be a bust and not learn anything. I'm just refering to his current status. This is a very important year and we have a lot of depth. It's not a year you can throw young guys out there to learn on the fly and Adelman isn't that kind of coach, unless he's facing injuries. That's why i'm expecting chuck to be out there more, while Hill is limited.

Meanwhile he can keep practicing and if he does improve his game I would expect him to get more PT. I'm not suggesting we give up on him at all. I just don't believe he's going to improve dramatically in one offseason to overtake a crafty vet, so im practicing patience...with time I think he can and actually expect it.