1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRONIC] Rockets intend to distribute workload

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Dandamanz

Dandamanz Member

The Houston Chronicle's slogan should be....."Doing nothing but stating the obvious."

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i think the issue here is what Adelman hopes for versus what will actually have to happen...my minutes distribution is what i think he wants, but i do think in reality brooks, martin, and scola will be average at least 30, but no more than 33-34.

the SG spot is tricky because Martin seems ready to take on a lot and have a great year...but he has been prone to freak injuries so maybe they hold him back some. Lee is also very capable and a more balanced player, so he may surprise and end up pushing Martin's minutes just under 30.

3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

[​IMG]

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Adelman has typically played a very tight rotation with heavy minutes. I doubt that will change this coming season. This workload distribution proclamation is probably just a little preemption to keep the players happy and hopeful until some sort of trade is made to reduce the roster. I could see Taylor, Lee, and possibly Hill/Patterson starting to grumble if they don't get as much PT as they think they deserve..

5. da_juice

da_juice Member

We're very deep, so it wouldn't surprise me. Also, we can't really be a fast break run and gun team with Yao or Miller on the floor. So it wouldn't surprise me if we see a young,small ball ineup for a couple of minutes every so often.

6. joesr

joesr Member

I dont see it happening

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I can see heavy distribution of minutes at the C between our actuals Cs and PFs. Brad Miller will play PF once in a while and Chuck will play C when needed.

8. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

You kind of wonder whether an old dog can still learn new tricks. Given the current talent depth, if Adelman reverts back to his old practice of short rotation and doesn't deliver at least a 2nd round playoff appearance, he will be shown the door.

9. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

this would have never happened during JVG days

10. edwardc

edwardc Member

That why they suit up 12 player use them.

11. MONON

MONON Member

Now we can have a quick fast break team with Hill at center for rebounding to get it started. I also agree that our 4/5 spots could be by committee of all our bigs.

12. scola4

scola4 Member

Scola will lead the team in minutes i think because Hayes wont play as much as the other bench players (Lowry, Lee, Budinger or Miller) that are expected to take minutes from the starters. Plus Scola goes well with almost any lineup... :grin:

13. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

I think Scola will get the most minutes, by the fact that the back PF is the weakest position, IMO. We know Miller will get atlesat 24, and I see Battier and Bud splitting time at the 3 at best. Lee and Jefferies may see some limited time over there too. At the backup 2, we've got Lee getting close to 20 minutes I'd think, plus you've got Taylor and Brooks sliding over. Lowry is solid at the backup 1.

However, Hill/Patterson/Hayes/Jefferies doesn' warrant a lot of time, IMO. Give Scola the most minutes.

That said however, I'm assuming Lee plays up to potential, Hill/Patterson don't 'break out' in a Landry type fashion, and no injuries. Chances are a little one of those things happens.

14. bloop

bloop Member

wow say goodbye to our chemistry. Houston is a lottery team.

In light of this, Scola, Battier and Brad Miller should take a pay cut. 30 minutes a game is NOT worth whatever we played them.

We should trade them and get Melo and/or Chris Bosh or Paul.

Sky is falling etc.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

PF is no longer our weakest position...i can't believe we're still saying that. Teams would kill for a Pf rotation of Scola/chuck/hill....not to mention we have PP as well....i'll say again, i think we forgot how good chuck was at the 4, he's a solid starter at that position, so he's definitely a very good back up. Scola's a great starter and Hill got the size to do well burning up a few mins every night.

16. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

I didn't say it's our weakest position, I just think that the drop off between Scola and the rest is bigger at the PF, thus giving Scola more minutes then other starters.

I don't think Hayes will play much this year at PF, because I just don't see him being a great combo with Yao or Miller. With Yao, he lacks the jumper to punish double teams. With Miller, less of an issue but I'd like to see a PF with some sort of inside game to free up Miller on the outside.

I think Hill will get the majority of the backup minutes at PF, and I think Morey will follow through on keeping Pat in the D League. Hill will play well enough, I just think he'll be the weakest link in the 2nd string.

I don't think we really have a weakest position, other then the ones we happen to get an injury in.

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

No way buddy. The only starter playing under 30 minutes will be Yao. Not to mention that teams rarely go 12-deep on a regular basis.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I would be very surprised if Hill gets more minutes at PF than chuck.....again, i can't stress enough how much we've forgotten the success chuck had at his natural spot. Too much was made of his lack of offense, but that was because no one could score besides tmac and yao. It's a completely different story now and defense is what is severely lacking. Hill isn't really a shot blocker, so he's not going to provide much more on defense compared to chuck. On offense, the only thing he has over chuck is being able to reach the rim more quickly vertically. He doesnt have any real post moves or a jumper. Next to yao and miller the pf will be pushed further out and they need to be able to move around to find a position, which chuck is better at. Chuck's also a better passer, which is needed to find our shooters/scorers.

The only way he gets more PT is if he developed some offense and can consistently block shots.

19. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Sounds good to me. Split the minutes, go two deep at each position, and have everyone go all out. We should be able to run the hell out of teams with a 10 man lineup.

Evan

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

clarified that later in the thread