1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRONIC] Rockets fans accept mediocrity — and that's exactly what they get

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Apr 19, 2010.

1. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

What kind of name is Nyle?

2. Hball

Hball Member

Considering Rockets have become a offensive minded and even more finesse team with martin and now going after brad miller another finesse player.

It seem Rockets are settling for just being a playoff team, everyone knows that style of basketball doesn't win championships.

3. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Then was was the spurs?

4. FanSince93

FanSince93 Member

See, this is Solomon was talking about.

5. Hball

Hball Member

A defensive minded halfcourt team, we've become a offensive minded uptempo team like the suns.

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Nearly $40 million dollars of players in street clothes and a permanently deactivated Mutombo, while our crew of players almost managed to reach the Elite Eight of the West.

How could he let such trash come out of his mouth?

7. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

well you can't argue with that logic.

8. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

[​IMG]
    There's a reason Aldridge had a nice extension and Oden hasn't.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rocket fans, the non-fake ones, see the big picture.

I understand that it sucks that Mavs and Spurs are better but we are doing the right thing to get us back on the contender status.

Just like when Rockets lost Lloyd, Wiggins, and Sampson (injuries), the Rockets road to legend started with getting an Otis Thorpe, then a Vernon Maxwell, a trade for a Kenny Smith. A new coach, drafting players like Horry, than Cassell and adding a Mario Elie.

It takes time.

I see the similar path here. Excellent work by Morey and Rick the Ruler. The puzzle is not complete, but I like where's it going.

10. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

can people please stop posting this idiots garbage, i mean he needs people to read his trash to have a job, so either he needs to actually write something of any value or write garbage to shock people into reading and hating him but still coming back to hate him more, this man is a horrible writer, i dont care for what he has to say the more he isnt posted the less he'll get read and finally get gone, i wish he would leave this city :mad:

11. Raven

Raven Member

So people would talk about him. He and Bozo don't care if you think they're idiots as long as you read their columns and talk about them. They have taken the Lady Ga Ga approach. Better to be ridiculed than ignored.

12. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

AMEN THAT LOL

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

That we're okay with the fact that our team:

-had no All-Star players
    -had no All-NBA players
    -featured 3 former 2nd round draft picks in the starting lineup
    -played 3 rookies and a few D-Leaguers extensive minutes

could only come up with a 42-win season?

Yes, I'm damn okay with that because they did the best they could. Next year I will have completely different expectations since THAT SEASON WILL BE BASED ON THE TALENT AVAILABLE AND READY FOR NEXT SEASON.

No one is settling for mediocrity because we are making due with what the Rockets had. If anyone expects Les to all of a sudden shell out money to make SPLASHes just for the sake of making them, I'd love to hear about how it would be possible to circumvent the salary cap.

1 person likes this.
  14. Raven

Raven Member

Anyone with half a brain knows the Rockets overachieved and anyone with half a brain knows the organization has went above and beyond to build a winner. I don't think the Queen is dumb. I just think he's trolling for attention.

15. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

It's all Tracy's fault! :eek:

16. FanSince93

FanSince93 Member

There is a fundamental difference between your mind-set and mine. Let me tell you this - Come next season, if Yao and Martin(or Brooks) get injured for the season or so and the Rockets do not make the play-off, you will say we did ok because we did not have our stars and I will say that is not an excuse, we should make the playoff.

That is our difference.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

In a way we did accept mediocrity. Case in point, the Martin trade. It was a so-so deal that was clearly made for next season. The Dalembert/Iggy trade would have gotten us in the playoffs this year.

18. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

king solomon is partially right rox fans have being looking toward next year since the rox lost to chicago and soon got eliminated from playoffs; we rox fans are satisfied with mediocrity this season because we expect big things to happen this offseason and next year, as we all say "IF" YAO remains healthy and "if" morey improves the team with a big name free agent such as amre, boozer, or bosh

19. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

You are not the guy paying Dalembert 8 figures to be a backup.

So-so deal? We got Martin, Hill, and 2 future Knicks picks for Landry. What is your definition of a good deal?

20. redao

redao Member

That 's exactly the way to accept the mediocrity when you stop here, but you'd have to ask why Rockets does not have an all star on the team while most of other teams have superstars, multiple stars and upcoming young projects.

"we had two championships"...........right there, we are happy living in the past and let's be mediocre right now.

Solomon was right as this thread goes on.