1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRONIC] Papa Yao feeling good about the future

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Raven

Raven Member

Because the chronic won't rock the boat and the national media doesn't care.

2. jedicro

jedicro Member

Epic.

3. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

No he was not. Now answer my question

4. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Use your common sense and wisdom ( if you are old enough)
    The official line must always err on the conservative side , in order to protect their interests and investments. No body knows about Yao till he steps on the court in an off season game or preseason training. :p

5. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

He is old enough, but still lacks common sense and wisdom. That's typical him. For people like him, time can't change nothing :grin:

6. joesr

joesr Member

How can anyone who doesnt know how much money Yao actually brings in say he would be making too much money if he only plays so and so?

Do contracts that a player would otherwise not get get accounted for?

7. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

they said he was running hard on a treadmill, and the 2nd bolded part Yao said if he feels uncomfortable he'll have em slow it down, also Keith Jones say hes progressing fine.. maybe not as specific as ya want but it was addressed

8. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I really don't think the Rockets can win Championship with Yao playing 25min-30mins a game. He's got to play 35mins to 40mins. Rick Adelman KNOWS IT!! That's why he plays Yao that many minutes because he KNOWS the Rockets need to maintain the lead or were on the brink of losing the game if he sit Yao. And i can understand his point because Yao's size create a lot of problems for teams. But he didn't know that Yao's bone is fragile.

Did you see Phil Jackson not even resting Kobe that much and then put him in the game?? The same go with Yao, these coaches knew they can't afford to have a star sit in a close tight game.

I think imo...there are ways to increase Yao's minutes in the game. For example, i hate they keep having Yao run out there to do pick and roll....it doesn't do any good because it is NOT effective. You never going to see Yao receive the ball and go for dunk after a pick n roll...it NEVER WORK!! If you think they're using him for pick and roll in order to get an open shot for the PG, then that's not very efficient way to play the basketball either because you have a BIG TALL dude outside the paint while your PG spotting up shooting the ball?? Wouldn't you want Yao to be inside the paint trying to get an offensive rebound or something? So, might as well save Yao's energy by having him doing mostly JUST POST UP!!

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

Nah, but Dwight Howard was.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I love the big fella, who's always had that great sense of humor. If only we can get a healthy season and post-season out of Yao this year! I'm crossing my appendages. One thing that seemed clear, if anything is clear in a Justice column, is Yao's desire that we sign a big name big guy. While he said the right things about the current team, if healthy, being a possible contender, the impression I got was he's hoping they bring someone on board that'll relieve the pressure on him to play more minutes. Pretty logical, but interesting to hear it from Yao. Scola wasn't mentioned. Hmm.

11. DLRoxFan92

DLRoxFan92 Member

FIXED!

12. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

I really cant wait for the return of Yao.

I feel like the surgery wont hurt his game too much because he has never been a guy who relied on quickness athleticism any way. He has enough skill to make up for any step that hes lost, and his size alone makes it hard for other teams to score inside.

Miss you big fella.

13. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

chances are slim you'll ever see Yao atop Toyota Center entreating the Rockets for quality team mates.

he really shouldn't have to, if 25 mins is what he's got the case for 'just add Yao" is dead.

14. roxwin

roxwin Member

I turly believe that Yao will start with 20-25mins,but he will be back middle of the season play 30+. ;)

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Why would Yao climb to the top if the Toyota Center and how is that supposed to convince the Rockets to try harder to add quality teammates than they already are?

16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

screw the regular season---the season does NOT start until the playoffs. I don't care if Yao gets 15-20 mins a game during the season--just as long as he is healthy and remains healthy during the duration of the playoffs. As you advance in each series and each round, you can dial up more minutes.

17. Salvation710

Salvation710 Member

Insurance paid his $15M. So yes.

18. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

b/c you get GENERIC answers. athletes rarely tell us how they really feel.