1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chronic: No bones about it - Rockets being smart

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jul 11, 2007.

1. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Screw you.

2. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

I don't care what spins the Chron puts on Morey, he's underachieved greatly so far this offseason.

3. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

Lets get Darko....!!!

4. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Bill Simmons says Daryl Morey is one of about 5 GMs in the league who actually know what they're doing so far.

We should be thankful ... we could be doing a lot worse and have Otis Smith as GM.

5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

For a person who constantly b****es and moans about the Rockets, you come off like a tool for whining about the Rockets not going after a player with a limited track record who *you have never seen before.* Signing Johnson to the deal you proposed would be Kelvin Cato all over again, yet the Rockets are somehow idiots for not blowing money on a project. Not only have you never seen Johnson play, but you want the Rockets to give him a 3 year, 15 million dollar contract while they are trying to resign Chuck Hayes! Hayes gets boards, he's cheap and plays well with Yao. Who is this mythical "Johnson-like player" you have in mind for the Rockets to pick up? You are working on the assumption that the Rockets are turning their noses up at affordable, talented and athletic fours when they just don't exist. They have a better chance of picking up a decent 4 at the trading deadline. Morey may not be the second coming of Red Auerbach, but I am positive he's smarter than you are.

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Is calling up a player like Matt Barnes or Matt Carroll too much to ask? I mean, the Rockets don't have to make a customize jersey for either of them nor do they have to go to their respective homes. That's asking too much. All I'm asking for is to approach a player that is reachable/reasonable and that could actually help our team rather than turn it into a retirement home.

I guess the permutations and calculations that Morey's doing obviously weeds a player like Barnes out while a player of like Amir Johnson has him salivating.

7. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Here we go again!!!!! Jerry, Jerry, Jerry :D

8. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Barnes is the type of player I would like to see added.

9. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

I like Morey's approach. We don't have to win a ring next year. We can't. So why waste money that will set us up for pain the next year???

Let's just make smart decisions to make this team better for the coming years without taking big risks.

10. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

jesus h. christ... do you ever stop b****ing?

11. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Settle down ladies, I will resolve this fight for you

Amir addition = dumb move that costs to much for a unproven player

Barnes addition = smart move for a player that flourished in GS's up tempo system

12. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

If you can move Battier for a 4 man, I would love to pick up Barnes to plug into the 2 spot.

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

BINGO.

14. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

varejao is alright, but he's not the second coming.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What? How is that b****ing? It is a fact that Les doesn't want to go into the Lux tax area.

While other owners are not as concerned about it.....

SHEESH can't teach Kappa Sigs anything.

You are just one sensitive lil woman !

DD

16. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

lol I dont see any b****ing going on with Dakota...

17. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Try to remember all the people who would have tripped over themselves ignoring Mike James last summer to give Bonzi Wells a full MLE deal. We know how that panned out ... and imagine how many more Twinkie-Icee combos Bonzi would have purchased at Houston 7-11's for $35 million guaranteed.

Sometimes patience pays off.

Getting Mike James at that price was a great move - long overdue. We'll have to see how he does under Adelman, but Rafer alone was the predicted disaster. The draft was admittedly questionable for Morey, but there's hope with both Brooks and Landry. I don't know what else Morey was supposed to have done... once Rashard signed he said clearly the Rockets would be focusing on trade possibilities rather than full MLE signings.

It sucks waiting though... and I have to admit it's frustrating not even having the Rockets whispered for anyone of significance. Some hope beyond Malik Allen would be nice.

18. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

Patience is a virtue = )

19. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i'm a p***y
    i'm a p***y
    i'm a p***y til i die
    but i'd rather be a p***y
    than a f*ckin sigma chi

:p

20. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

Agreed. I dont think anyone here who knows about basketball and salary cap, thinks the Rox should have paid Rashard 120 million over the next six years, Kapono 6 million a year, Darko 7 million per year, or Gerald Wallace 9 million per year.

Also, Amir Johnson is about to sign a 10 million dollar deal. That is what he is worth right now. Not the 26-28 million people are saying the Rox should sign him too.

Yes, Morey has not done anything on the FA front. But with what has happened so far, that is not a bad thing. Other then Billups, I dont think any deals have been great signings for the teams and Im fine waiting to see what trades will come.