1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRON] Yao now out indefinitely

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by codell, Dec 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. codell

codell Contributing Member

Didn't see this on the first 2 pages. My apologies if this is already posted inside another thread.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/7329189.html

Rockets notes: Yao not sure when he'll return to action
    By JONATHAN FEIGEN

The status of Yao Ming's return to the court moved to indefinite hold on Tuesday.

Yao's optimistic target date to return from a sprained left ankle was Tuesday's game. With that passing and with him still not practicing, Rockets athletic trainer Keith Jones said the center will not practice this week because the team wants him to strengthen the muscles around the ankle before clearing him to practice.

There have not been any setbacks and he is no longer in pain, but the time off weakened the area. The Rockets will practice Monday, but Yao is more likely to practice the following week.

"I don't know yet," Yao said of when he might return. "There is no guarantee. I try. I'll try my best. I can guarantee that."

---------------------

Starting to look like next year until we see Yao.

1 person likes this.
  2. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

WHAT??? This was SOOO unexpected!

:rolleyes:

Thankfully, I've been desensitized to any "Yao is out" threads.

3. dback816

dback816 Member

Oh boy, I wonder how disheartening it is for a young big kid with hoop dreams and see guys like Yao and Oden going down to injury over and over

Good thing I have my Boston teams to look forward to

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

5. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Whoop dee doo.

6. opticon

opticon Member

I am not expert in the study of muscle growth but it can take weeks build strength in muscle days.

I have a very strong feeling that regardless of what condition Yao's ankle is he is not stepping foot on the court till December 15.

First it was a Bone bruise not it is lack of strength in the ankle. All of this off of taking a routine charge from a light weight center.

I would not be shocked if Morey is working a Deal for Bosh that in involves Yao.

Bosh is the only player in the League right now that is available and has a similar level play and salary.

1 person likes this.
  7. Raven

Raven Member

It's over. It was over when Yao broke his foot 18 months ago, but the Rockets just won't admit it.

8. opticon

opticon Member

Fixed

9. Htown's2kFinest

man wtf.

this has too be more than just a little ankle sprain.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

At least, they won't admit it to us.

One might think they're preparing for life without him in any case.

11. worzel gummidge

Yao wasn't projected to be 100% until near the playoffs or next season.

12. Raven

Raven Member

It seems unthinkable that Les would trade Yao, but perhaps he's as frustrated as everyone else.

13. Felece

Felece Member

Well hopefully he comes back without a 24 minute limit.

Let him play, if he goes down again, so be it. Rebuild.

14. Zfan

Zfan Member

Fighting against injuries is the toughest part of career. Yao was living with the cast almost a year which certainly weakened his muscle. The team doesn't want him back in a hurry. This maybe a good thing for both Yao and the team. The team will benefit the most only if Yao is a healthy product to trade. On the other hand Yao is fighting for one more contract. Certainly he doesn't want to get hurt this season.

15. worzel gummidge

The Spurs could have gone down that road with Manu & Parker in the last 2 two season but then they wouldn't be where they are now.

16. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Time to trad him is now. No better time. Holding him out sounds exactly like Tmac situation to keep him healthy enough when its time to ship him.

17. kawaiitokowaii

i think they are holding yao till he gets that stupid minute limit removed. I would rather have him back only if hes a 100%. if hes not hes detrimental to the team so for him its either all or nothing in my opinion.

1 person likes this.
  18. kawaiitokowaii

if hes not 100% he is*

excuse my crappy grammar ive been up all night studying for finals =[

19. mFt82

mFt82 Member

"NBA TV Reports: Yao Ming has been traded to Minnesota in exchange for Kevin Love, 2 future 1st round picks, and cash considerations. I guess another NBA Franchise believes that cows will fly."

Sadly this is not true...

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

2 things that it looks like are going on here.

1. His left leg is noticably atrophied since the operation and they probably want to get it stronger to avoid any reoccurrance of the latest type of injury where he basically fell down and sprained it.

and

2. Rick Adelman sees the chemistry developing on the floor, and knows that the 24 minute time limit is a killer to that. Adding Yao at full strength or at the coaches discretion is fine, adding him at 24 minutes per game when chemistry is just now building could ruin the season.

So to me, I think this is a bit of an excuse.....he could play but they are giving reasons to NOT let him play.

DD

1 person likes this.