1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Update on Tracy's Knees: Bone Bruise, hope to play Saturday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/5396037.html

T-Mac's knee no better
    Tracy McGrady, who missed the second half of Wednesday's loss to Orlando and was inactive for Thursday's game, does not feel any improvement in his sore left knee.

But he is hopeful the rest will enable him to play at Chicago on Saturday.

"Nothing's changed," McGrady said. "I was optimistic about (playing Thursday). Keith (Jones, the Rockets' trainer) told me the best thing to do is give it another day and we'll try again on Saturday. So that gives me two days to treat it and get the medicine in there."

McGrady does not want to have an MRI exam because he is fearful of discovering a more serious injury. Jones said the MRI is not necessary and that there have been times that he has sent McGrady for tests the player did not want.

"It's happened before," Jones said. "He said, 'I don't want the MRI,' and I said, 'Let's get it anyway' and he does. He doesn't fight us. But right now, in talking to the doctors, they don't see a need for it.

"It's a bone bruise. There's not any swelling, no deformity, no clicking. We're treating a bruise. Any time you get hit on the knee or around the knee, it's going to be sore. Only the guy who got hit knows how sore.

"Tracy McGrady has shown he'll play. It's obviously bothering him. We're treating him, doing everything we can to give him the best opportunity to get back out there safely."

James battling slump
    With Rockets coach Rick Adelman experimenting with his backcourt rotation, Mike James' playing time has varied greatly.

James did not play at all against Detroit and had just six minutes against Dallas before playing 17 minutes — all in the second half — against Orlando on Wednesday.

James believes that his shot (he is hitting only 36.1 percent from the field) will come around.

"You've got to be ready," James said. "Of course, I have enough confidence in myself. I've been playing this game for a while. This is probably the worst shooting season of my career. But I'm going to keep working. I'm going to keep grinding. I know I'm going to shoot myself out of it.

"I have no decision on how many minutes I'm going to play. Getting DNPs and not knowing if you're going to play and then all of a sudden, get thrown in there, you still have to be a professional about it.

"By the end of the day, though, I still believe I'm a good player in this league.
    I still believe I've got a lot to play in this game. It's not up to me though if I go on the
    court."

2. rox0607champs

rox0607champs Member

i think at this point let him sit out as long as he needs for two reason. one is that its very clear no matter how good tmac is we are not going anywhere as a team. second reason is if rox were to make changes to the roster such as a trade we need everyone on the team healthy to explore all options....my two cents

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

4. caneks

caneks Rookie

Let's have T-Mac some rest to be fully recovered before we put him on the court again. I mean 110% healthy. :confused:

5. Rowdie Brandon

so yeah...........................he just quit on the team.......smh @ a bone bruise.

6. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

But after the Magic game he was VERY PESSIMISTIC about playing against the Nuggets Thursday.

I'm tired of all of this drama and excuses. There's no other NBA player that whines and complain more about every little injury. He needs to be more accountable. He's lucky he ain't playing in NYC or LA. As a rocket fan, I can't take this drama anymore.

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

a bone bruise could keep him out from days to weeks.

8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Better hurry back before other players get too involved in the offense.

9. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Nothing against James. But after James made a basket, James was kind of back peddaling and jogging down the court. AI blew by him for a layup. The obvious reason James is not playing is not only because his poort shootings, but also because of his lack of efforts in defense.

10. tulexan

tulexan Member

I'm still trying to understand the logic of not having an MRI. It's not like it's exploratory surgery. If his knee is in bad shape then it should be taken care of as soon as possible. If it's fine then there is nothing to worry about. This is like someone who knows they did bad on a test, but doesn't want to look at the grade.

11. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

He should wrap that "bone bruise" with hundred dollar bills and get his weak ass on the court.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

Cause his doctor checked him out and diagnosed a bone bruise.

13. Madmax89

Madmax89 Member

well when in high school football, i bruised my hip bone, but it was swelled and like literally black all around my hip and i could barely walk. I was out for a weak and a half but i still could feel it later. They are saying his knee shows no sign of anything. "the person who got hit only knows how much it hurt" pfft...

14. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

actually, yesterday's game was pretty interesting without him, it looked ike the guys had mor fun and really wanted to play, when tracy is playing, "i" think that he makes the game boring because of his slowness =P

15. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

Time for Bonzi & James to step up

16. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

He's got a negative outlook with everything his body language,His attitude,his subtle coments about the coach,talking about we don't have an identity are we a running team or what. His negative attitude makes everyone else refuse to buy into the system and play the way the coach wants them to play.Yesterdays game was a perfect example of a rick adelman coach Team.

It isn't the offense flowing it was them coming back and making the game a war and extending the game and almost pulling it off with everyone playing together with 3 and 4 guys getting double figures in points,rebounds etc.Rick adelman teams compete to the end and make games exciting and fun to watch and you could see this in the body language of the team with Tracy out.

Rafer 18 points 7 rebounds and 10 assists,Yao ming 26 points 19 rebounds 6 assists 2 blocks,luther head 22 points,bonzi wells 17 points 8 rebounds. Tracy doesn't bring balance all he does is whine,pout,complain and when it get's tough or after 1 loss he quits and it has a domino effect on the team.

17. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

If he goin play like did Wednedday, DNP his ass!!!

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sounds like the Trainer is saying . . .we taking T-Mac's word for it

They looked at it ain't don't seen nothing worth mention
    then said. . well only the player knows how sore it is. . .

Rocket River

19. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Frame this.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Me either . . .how rough is the process
    takes what 30 minutes??

Can someone tell me the process of a MRI
    does it hurt?
    Does it make things worse?
    I always throught it was like a x-ray