1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron: Twill, Dragon into rotation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Breaker

Breaker Member

What are you talking about?

T-Will is an F-18, bro. He will destory the rim in the air, and he will deploy his ordinance to the ground.

2. ICanDunkOnYao

ICanDunkOnYao Member

Since when did the Rockets trade for a Dragon?!?
    :confused:

3. seeingred

seeingred Member

whoa whoa. you are way off... because even in nba2k11, trading players hurts team chemistry... :grin:

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

for starters he was a lotto pick so the expectations are higher. you can also look at each players skill set and see that williams is already a better defender, rebounder, passer, ball handler, and finisher at the rim. budinger is a better shooter and plays with a higher IQ. there is a lot more that williams can do on the court, but he needs to hone his skills and produce them on a nightly basis. budinger is already great at what he does which gives him the starting spot... for now... until if/when williams grows into his talent.

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Yes TWill was a late lotto pick. Yes the guy is freakishly athletic. I agree that he is a better ball handler, passer, defender, and rim finisher than Chase. But he's also a much much worse shooter, and he turns the ball over an incredible amount. I have high hopes for TWill, but turnovers and shooting are two things that can really hurt your chances to play solid minutes, let alone become a superstar. I do think TWill can overcome these things and become an excellent player, but it's all up to how hard he works.

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

exactly. budinger has less skills but the skills that he does have are far more developed, plus he's pretty consistent and doesn't make many mistakes.

Twill needs to work on making less mistakes. becoming a better shooter would give him a complete game but he has so many skills already that he almost doesn't need another one. lots of guys have been very effective without being a great shooter. his main talents, as i see them, are his dribbling, passing, and finishing. that means even without shooting he can get into the paint and is a threat to finish, so when the defense brings someone over he also has the ability to find the open guy. plus he's not a defensive liability at all. this makes him a pretty effective player in my mind as long as he doesn't turn the ball over so much. if he actually added an outside shot then he would have all-star level potential.

7. Hak34

Hak34 Member

For the life of me, its like an every year infatuation with fans wanting the drafted or low level scrubs to start for this team.

Weather its .... "Bring on Malik Badine!!!" to "Where is Dan Langhi?" to "Rodrick Rhodes is a MJ stopper" to "Why cant Jason Collier get any minutes?" Boki Nachbar is the best!!! and we have the basketball version of Ray Lewis, PLAY him.

The fact of the matter is Twill is a scrub who sent to the NBDL from the NETS! From the Nets people. Maybe not a complete scrub but not anything close to what people are hoping for. Thabeet is a complete bust. Sorry you can see after two years that he is not going to be anything more than a situational defensive player.

What exactly is there to be excited about future wise again? TWill, Goran, Budinger, Lowry, Lee, Thabeet????? Really. How far this organization has fallen in 20 years. We are so desperate that we will be happy with any turd Morey delivers.

Maybe there is more to this Players don't want to come to Houston bit than some of you are willing to admit.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

In terms of "absolute" ceiling, I agree that TWill has more potential. In terms of "reasonable" ceiling, I don't know who's better. They are two different players, to be sure.

Budinger's development curve is towards that of a shooter/scorer. He has 20ppg-at-good-efficiency potential, with decent passing/rebounding ability and average defense.

TWill's development curve is is that of a versatility, both on defense and on offense, playing multiple positions and being able to handle point at times when paired with a shooting PG. The problem, as mentioned by many, is that his shooting is so bad he doesn't have that score-at-will ability associated with true superstars. Of course, one can say this is an area a player can improve the most. But here's where TWill's motivation comes in. Is he willing to work in the gym everyday in the offseason? I'm not counting on it, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if he does it though.