1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron: Twill, Dragon into rotation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Feb 26, 2011.

1. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Revealing that Lowry and Co. want Shane back but no mention of AB :)

2. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

All due respect, but this is real life not NBA2K11 or some fantasy league with names on paper.

Humans have emotions, Shane and AB ment a lot to the team, the fans and Houston & had close personal friendships on the team. They were traded away for less than market value which makes this bitter pill a little harder to swallow. Winning will help, so will some solid play from Dragic, Thabeet & Carroll.

Your Mates are still your mates, I still remember the players reactions when Run TMC was broken up over in Golden State. I agree that its a business and get on with the job, but you can't dis the guys for their feelings about suddenly losing their close friends, a borderline star, when healthy, in AB and a consummate professional in Battier.

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

This really does feel like a whole new team.

I'm excited to see Budinger start. He seems like a player that feeds off success and failure. Hopefully the 30 pt game has given him a huge confidence boost. I fear what our defense will look like though.

T-Will and the Dragon playing together will be interesting. How is that supposed to work?

4. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

Um...what success?

I miss Shane, and I kinda wish we'd gotten more for Brooks (although I know that was unlikely) but it's not like we just broke up the 1998 Bulls here.

We were below average before and we're below average now, the only difference is that management admitted it to the fans.

The rest of the players shouldn't be whining that this move hurts us as a basketball team. It sucks from a personal standpoint, and that's about it.

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

actually, i don't really want to see Thabeet this year. what good is that going to do. the kid can't play right now. all it will do is hurt his confidence and frustrate the fans. I'd like to see him work with our coaches this offseason, play some summer league, and then start fresh next year. playing him down the stretch is only going to hurt our chances of making the playoffs. we have to be patient with this guy. personally, i'd send him to the Development League so he can stay fresh.

6. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

What are the players so upset about? What have the Rockets done the past 3 years with Brooks & Shane? NOTHING. It's time to move on and let the young guys play. Now is a great time with 20+ games left and nothing to lose. I am curious to see what TWill & Thabeet can do with a real opportunity.

And the ironic thing with Kyle Lowry is he wanted to leave in the off season because he wanted to start. They reward him with a nice contract and Morey says they chose him as their starter going forward with regards to the Brooks decision and he's upset? He should be happy the job is HIS!

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Starting Budinger is the natural move. The only other option is starting Lee at the 3. Although I prefer the latter option, I understand why the coach would take the other. Like he said, we'll see how Chase does and go from there. If Chase doesn't work out as a starter, then we'll also see if Terrence is up to the task by that time, or Lee will have to step up.

8. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

THE BEAST WILL BE UNLEAAAAASHED! Finally!

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

whats the over/under on how many games it takes williams to replace bud in the starting luneup?

ill put the number at 7. what do you guys think?

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That depends on how much longer Adelman will be coaching the Rockets.

I'll be surprised if Williams starts this season, barring injury.

11. mhsc008

mhsc008 Member

What about sending him to the Vipers to play some games and get familiar with the Rockets system?

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm excited about Lowry being thrust into a leadership role, along with Chuck. We need someone a little more vocal; someone not as reserved as Batt and not as immature as AB. I see Lowry being a good leader.

13. amaru

amaru Member

T-WILL IS FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

We're not win less....success can be defined by wins, posessions, etc.

As for them being upset or "whining", this write up makes them sound a lot more emotional than they were in the interviews and these are quotes from those interviews. I got a completely different feeling from reading this than from watching the videos.

Also, lets actually let them play first before saying they need to snap out of it or stop worrying about it. These were their first and immediate reactions, what did you all expect them to say?

15. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I think you're forgetting that these guys are tight on and off the court. They were part of the first 1st-round win in over 15years and battled against the Lakers through 7 hard-fought games just 2 years ago.

Without Brooks and Battier, it wouldnt have been likely to win the Portland series, and we sure as hell would not have taken the Lakers to 7 games.

So when Adelman says they were key to our success...its true! We just havent had a true, serviceable center for the past 2 years.

16. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

Excited to see what happens!

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

thats for a whole different thread. i think its obvious now that the rockets are going to tear things down a bit before building back up. im not sure adelman, at this stage of his career, wants to wait out that process. im sure he must be thinking of more competitive teams where he can win immediately.

the lakers come to mind.

18. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I'm almost completely certain Williams will not replace Budinger in the starting lineup unless he comes out there and plays like old T-Mac. Not to mention, I don't get why everyone instantly assumes Williams is better to begin with. He's going to have some bad games, and is going to be torn down by those who overhype him as it's his fault he doesn't meet their expectations. It is certainly possible Williams will be better than Budinger - but I would not bet on it.

19. acjeitherocket

This should be interesting......

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

This. So many children on this forum with childish attitudes about things.