1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Team breaks out new hand gesture for the playoffs, infuriating coach, delight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Uprising, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Remember these guys:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3-D BABY!

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

HAHA! Exactly man! I love it too! I mean, the dudes are our own Professional Dorks. :) They play cards together at night, have inside jokes and now the hand gesture thing (with the bench jumping up and down doing it), man. It really cracks me up. I love it.

This team is so exciting to watch, and even more so when you see that they are having fun and love to play together. CD has created something truly special here in Houston. This team is like no other. :D

3. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

the clutchfans hand sign would be cool. to see how many ppl from the forum are at the game

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Scotti Brooks was a great bench leader back in the day. We have a great bench this year too.

5. osa420

osa420 Contributing Member

First we gotta get Yao to shoot a three, and, personally, I would rather see him down in the paint getting the offensive rebound.

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

[​IMG] DEKE!

7. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

PARTY POOPER!!!! :p

8. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Man, what a fantastic story! Who knew a hand gesture could become so legendary...all 2 games into the playoffs.

Not a bad story, but a complete nonsense hype report on something that is pretty pointless. Fun, but silly.

(To clarify, I don't mind the gesture, just like Mutombo's finger, but I don't think it deserves a cult following. No need for a story, just let it be)

If it was any other team however, we would be making comparisons to how stupid it looked. Like Shooter McGavin.

Actually while on the subject of gestures and Mutombo, wasn't Jordan called for a tech when he dunked over Mutombo a few years back. MJ mocked him with his own finger wag. Best Jordan moment ever. :D

9. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Fun story, fun gesture. Let's not read into this too much. The Rockets can be completely intense (like they were in Game 2) and still have fun (like they did in Game 2). After all, they're grown men playing a kids' game for a living. Silliness is going to be par for the course, especially when JON BARRY is involved...

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I can't believe I really didn't notice how much of a vocal guy he is. He pumps his fist to the crowd after a nice play, even when he wasn't involved. LIke in game 2 where TMAC missed his shot, got the rebound and then made a layup while being fouled. JB was on the arc pumping his fist in the air.