1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Team breaks out new hand gesture for the playoffs, infuriating coach, delight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Uprising, Apr 26, 2005.

1. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

I agree with BMoney. Stay focused, hungry and humble!!! It's not over!!!! :mad:

Sure, have fun! :p But...here's another something....WIN FIRST! :cool:

2. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

i actually thought this article was kinda stupid...

it was nice to get a little insight about the signal, but it seemed like there was way too much crap in there to fill up space...i mean cmon, chest bumping after big plays?? everybody in the league does that, its nothing special among the rockets...and mcgrady's mean expression on his face after a big shot??? uhh ok.. is there a story behind that too? bc im sure its not just adrenaline...:rolleyes:

anyways as long as we're making plays and having reasons for celebrations, pre-meditated or not, keep it up!

3. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

First, I can't believe no one's made fun of this girls name. Second, that three pointer actually put us up by two.

I'm so disappointed in all of you.

4. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

How much you want bet that they drew straws to see who would be the first to do it at the next game. We have some nerds on our team and I love em. :)

5. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

6. tmac

tmac Contributing Member

Barkley made this point last night, that the Rockets bench was really into the game, pulling for their teammates and cheering for them. He strangely made a valid point that this is great to see, that when you're on the road, all you have are your teammates and that this is what you need to have in the playoffs. He almost made me faint.

7. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Been there, done that. She's been writing for the Chronicle for at least two years. I think we're all a little "Manfulled" out.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

As far as celebrations go, it's otay.

9. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Ummm....ok.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I think you're thinking of..

[​IMG]

11. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

hahha we have an article on gestures. My friends were over at my house to watch the first game, and one of my friends saw JB do the gesture after a 3 pointer, my friend stood up and started saying loudly "Kaat dala", "Kaat dala" it just means that we just killed the team. He said it because the fingers reminded of knife and the way they bent looked like they were chooping the legs. So when sura did the gesture in the 2nd game, all of my friends and i stood up and said loudly "kaat dala", "kaat dala", also doing the gesture. It was the best part. I hope every one in the stands in the 3rd game do the gesture following a 3 pointer.:D

12. tnopham

tnopham Member

i agree. what i noticed and loved after watching so many highlights was hardly anyone celebrated after we won. the only one running around high-fiving was moochie norris. after the buzzer went off almost the entire bench marched towards the locker room with no expression. if you watch the interview with tmac before he went into the locker room he didn't even crack a smile until they mentioned charles barkely.

that's what i love about this team. they have shown great poise. even when we were down 8 in the fourth for some reason i wasn't worried. i said to myself ok if we get down 10 then i'll panic. but just seeing the players faces made me believe we weren't going to lose.

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i love the relationship that the players have with van gundy, particularly jon barry. you know he demands the best from them and they won't take anything less from themselves but sometimes they just crack loose every once and a while. jon does it with his pull-up three and now this hand thing. it's fun to watch this team.

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I am attepting to go to Sat. game, and I will definetly do the hand gestures.

15. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Trust me, this site has before. I remember it quite clearly.:D

16. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

while i understand you don't wanna look like you're showing off or rubbing it in to motivate the other team angle of things, as well as getting back on D, i love things like this, and i love that about this team. they just like each other so much and seem to enjoy playing on the same team. maybe it doesn't matter, but it seems like if everyone not only gets along, but actually has fun with it, you start making the extra pass, and diving for a loose ball more willingly, or playing a little harder on D. it just makes everything better. and this team has that type of chemistry in spades.

i don't see anything wrong with this b/c it means we just hit a 3 so we have to earn it, but i can understand jvg's annoyance with it.

but i can't believe jvg tried to shut down the finger wag. like ancient old mutombo was gonna let him shut it down. they even tried to start calling technicals for doing it and mutombo still kept going strong. the finger wag is greatness and it's definitely awesome to see mutombo do it when he's on your team.

damn this team is fun to watch. is there anyway we can keep the role players from aging and sign them all to lifetime contracts.

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

After watching R2K's highlights of game 2 a few times now, I have to say. JB is awesome! His on court emotions fuel the team with energy. He makes the games that much more entertaing with his on court celebrations and HUGE grin. :D

It's going to be sad to not see them being a little cocky with their gestures in game three.

18. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I love him too. After that Mcgrady dunk, Barry was literally Rolling On The Floor Laughing His Ass Off.

19. haven

haven Member

Holy crap, this team rocks.

Jon Barry must be resigned. Sura must be kept. These guys are pure entertainment.

And to those who think this is somehow unsportsmanlike: screw you. It's fun. It's not like they're pointing guys out or acting classless. It's as dorky as a secret hand-shake and just as much fun.

20. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I've been watching it a few times too. I absolutely love Barry's reaction when Tracy nailed the game winning basket. :) And I wouldn't worry about missing the hand gesture in game 3.