1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron: T-Mac relieved at dismissal of any Kobe scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketsregle, Oct 26, 2007.

1. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

http://blogs.chron.com/stevecampbell/2007/10/tmac_what_a_relief.html

I'm glad for McGrady and the team [that] the sideshow has been squashed.

#1 rocketsregle, Oct 26, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2007
  2. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

great hopefully tmac can actually play like he cares now :D

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

4. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

he did. though his J was off, but he got to the rim repeatedly. and he only missed one layup :eek: :eek: :eek: . u see how confidence in your back helps.

tmac is a streak shooter. always has been. always will be. most great scorers are. that's what they are: SCORERS.

tmac will unleash this yr. morey is not stupid to trade the most talented player when HE'S HEALTHY and he is healthy this year. if this was last yr, he may not have said that. but morey has seen tmac in camp and how good he looks physically.

5. bfunw

bfunw Contributing Member

Finally, rumor RIP. Go ROX

6. yao_fan_2007

yao_fan_2007 Member

It's not just a rumor. You really think GM Daryl Morey hasn't contacted the Lakers? Of course he has. But is he going to admit it? Of course not.

That Morey denied making contact with the Lakers means several things.

1. The Lakers are not willing to part Kobe for T-Mac. Maybe Morey offered T-Mac but Lakers demanded more.

2. If the Rockets start off the first month at .500, and the Lakers continue to have problems with an unhappy Kobe, I'd expect trade talks to resume, but quietly.

3. If the Rockets several months later are not achieving up to expecations, a Kobe for T-Mac may happen. Remember, the goal is to get far into the playoffs, and WIN the championship, not just reach the Playoffs. If T-Mac and the Rockets do not appear to be playing well, expect changes to happen with the Roster.

4. T-Mac has admitted he was worried about being traded for Kobe. He must've heard these rumors early on. Therefore, when I created that thread, Is T-Mac faking his back injury..maybe it did have some merit to it. I definitely think that if these rumors persisted and grew stronger, T-Mac would sit out of some games due to "back problems".

7. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

i know you're trying to be funny, but you're not. u know why morey said is true:

buss NEVER mentioned houston as one of the teams he talked to. kobe NEVER mentioned houston as one of the teams he wants a trade to. since kobe has a trade clause, why would the lakers front office looks to trade him to a team he NEVER mentions as a place he wants to play.

kobe named 3 teams he wanted: phoenix, dallas, chicago. the lakers have publicly stated they have talked to ALL 3.

u don't think if the rockets contacted them the lakers would say they did to INCREASE the trading chips for kobe?

it's common sense really.

8. yao_fan_2007

yao_fan_2007 Member

I was not trying to be funny.

you want common sense?

Consider this.

1. A Houston Chronicles writer would not speculate about a T-Mac - Kobe trade unless he had something.

2. Stephen Smith has said several times a Kobe - T-Mac trade.

Common sense will tell you that a Kobe - T-Mac trade was definitely possible. It is common sense that you cannot take what GM's say publicly at face value.

That Morey denied talking to the Lakers cannot be taken seriously. In fact, the opposite may be occurring. Maybe Morey - Lakers are still talking about the trade. Maybe they are negotiating.

You never know.

9. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

wow, u must not know journalism. do u know a guy named peter vecsey? 99% of his trade rumors were NEVER EVER substantiated.

even a response by jon in his blog on the chron said he wrote that tmac/kobe story a few weeks ago b/c he thinks that's what EVERY team should consider. he never said that any talks were done.

these guys are COLUMNISTS. they can write about whatever they want. a kobe-initated article would trigger interest.

take a journalism class and you'll know.

u do know people say the knicks are in the talks and buss has said HE NEVER TALKED TO THEM. take it from the source: THE OWNER.

the OWNER WANTS TO TRADE KOBE. if he can say houston talked to them and offer tmac, wouldn't that raise the stakes of OTHER teams to raise their trade offers? again, it's common sense.

10. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Watch out for Tmac against the LA Fakers!!Got a feeling that he will have a big night!

11. yao_fan_2007

yao_fan_2007 Member

You dont' have multiple sources in the Media without some valid source. Morey may have contacted the media. Or the Lakers. Stuff like this happens all the time. A source will contact the Media, and the story runs. Rumors are circulated. Public reaction is tabulated.

12. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

the OWNER WANTS TO TRADE KOBE. if he can say houston talked to them and offer tmac, wouldn't that raise the stakes of OTHER teams to raise their trade offers? again, it's common sense.

again, none of the teams the lakers have talked to have been willing to trade their best players.

so if buss can say the rox have offered tmac and some, wouldn't that raise the stakes if other teams want kobe?

like i said, it's common sense. that would force the bulls to reconsider their package. same w/ dallas. and so on.

13. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Morey emphasized AGAIN in the pregame that HE DID NOT contact the Lakers.

there have NOT been nor are there gonna be talks with the Lakers.

judging by your posting history, I dont think you have a leg to stand on when you try to claim Morey is lying.

Ill believe him 99999 times out of 100000 over you.

Contrary to waht people like you think, not everyone thinks that Bryant is the best player FOR THEIR TEAM.

he may be the best int he league, but when you are happy with the guys you got, adn believe that they are better for your TEAM than a raping, lying, complaining, run-the-best-player-on-his-team-away ballhog.

You love the guy so much....go to lakersground and let our collective bbs IQ rise.

14. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

He almost sounds like he's upset that Tracy McGrady wasn't about to be traded.

Nice post R2K, couldn't agree more.

15. pearlon

pearlon Member

I haven't posted something in this forum in about a year, but I regularly read it and monitor how the Rockets are doing. I've noticed a few posts by you recently, and you seem to be antagonized a lot. At first I was somewhat disagreeing with what you have posted, but also thought that I like the fact that you can at least put a thought together and attempt to back them up by responding. But after this post, which contains information that is completely a figment of your imagination, I must advise that you think carefully before posting something this idiotic again.

And yes, all your point here is predicated on the fact that several media sources have speculated a T-Mac for Kobe trade, and I agree with Doublehh03 that any person with common sense should take what the media splurges out with a grain of salt.

I'm not bashing you, I'm just trying to save you from further flagrance by fellow forum readers. Thanks.

16. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Morey is STUPID if he doesn't think Kobe for Tmac will automatically make this team a sure title contender. There is no way in hell that you can convince me that Tmac is as good as Kobe. You're kidding yourself and fooling yourself for not doing this trade. If it's possible for this trade to happen and Morey DID NOT WANT ANY PART OF IT...then he IS a FOOL!!

Kobe competitive nature is unmatch by any player on the court beside Jordan of court. This guy will his way to win rather than just talking (like Tmac). Kobe will drive to the hoop and draw fouls and will his way to the free throw EVERY SINGLE time order to keep the game close and competitive OR prevent game from blowing it apart. Tmac don't have that attitude AT ALL!!

So for Morey to come out and say Tmac will do for this team shows his lack of judgment. Unless it's impossible to get Kobe without giving up too much, then it's the right thing for him to say in order to keep the team in unison as the season start. BUT if giving up Tmac and one other player for Kobe is a fair trade and it's a possible trade and Morey choose not to negotiate...then he's a fool!

17. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

You obviously know nothing about that writer.

18. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

his will to win is only good when he played with shaq. w/o, he's missed the playoff once, blew a 3-1 lead, and lost 4-1.

don't let the growling and snarls make u think that his will to win is great. duncan doesn't do it and his will to win is just as high. tmac's will to win is questioned b/c he hasn't won. doesn't mean he doesn't have it.

if tmac wins this yr, next yr you'l lbe saying tmac has one of the best wills in the game. along w/ the rest of the world.

if kobe keeps losing w/o shaq, his career would be => nada w/o shaq.

19. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Not true. His will is indepedent of Shaq's presence. He does it anytime he wants as long as he's on the court and as long as his team allow the game to be competitive and within range of winning. The problem is his team sux and so his will is really pointless when other teams blow them apart. But i am saying when the game is close...Kobe's instinct and will...will take over and dominate. And i don't mean dominate by taking jump shots...like Jordan, he get his team back into the game by driving to the hoop and drawing fouls CONSTANTLY in order to get free points and stay close!!! And he doesn't miss free throws like Tmac did!

20. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

if he was truly better than tmac, he had a 3-1 playoff series lead. that was his chance to truly show his killer instinct.

he had not 1, not 2, but 3 chances.

if kobe never played with shaq and never won, i don't think u can make the claims you're making.