1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron Sources: Rockets aggressively pursuing Jimmy Butler

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jun 19, 2019.

1. mightybosstone

Take this for what it's worth, but my wife works at the library in Tomball and she chatted me today with some unfortunate insider information. Butler's great aunt was in today, and my wife overheard her saying that Butler wasn't going to sign with the Rockets. :(

2. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

Wiggins, hell no.;. rather keep CP3

D-rock likes this.
  3. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

[​IMG]

BHannes2BHonest, mikol13 and Vivi like this.
  4. AkeemOlaDROwon

It appears like they’re trying to clear space through trades. I don’t know because what I shared was the bones of a possible trade. Other players, draft picks, and additional compensation are variables that could swing it to either narrative.

mikol13 and tc0330 like this.
  5. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

6. gulfstream

gulfstream Member

Morey is the smart one but I think we would have to clear about $45 mil or more without taking any salary back and Wiggins alone makes $30 mil, it just doesn't make any sense. That means clearning $75 mil total from the current roster

7. AkeemOlaDROwon

All good. I’m not sharing something that’s a bold faced lie. I’d be more than happy to share my source with Clutch.

mikol13 likes this.
  8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Wiggins is ass. I hope Minnesota fans have the Kleenex and Jergens ready for this one.

D-rock likes this.
  9. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

10. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I said Butler was not going to come to the rockets last year even the rockets wanted to give up 4 first rounds to get a deal. I am going to say this again today, Butler is not going to be traded to the rockets this time too, no team is going to take CP3 contract without getting 4 first rounds or more.

Morey just becomes stupid each year! He was very smart when he joined this team years ago.

11. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

Are you an insider?

BeardNation13 likes this.
  12. AkeemOlaDROwon

One last thing, he said “it’s not on us, it’s on Boston.” Wasn’t sure what that meant entirely. He alluded to something about Horford not opting out officially yet, Boston could then trade him before July 6th and if so CP could be traded before that date. Said we only have leverage until that date. More teams and scenarios involved after that date which lowers odds of anything happening.

13. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

You do not need to be insider, I just use a common sense.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

J.R. and Rasheed like this.
  15. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

chill nibba

16. rockets13champs

Where is he signing

17. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Why is Morey saying CP will be on the rockets at all cost next season then??? Looks horrific as a FO if you trade him to any FA if you do it now

18. htownballa1622

What about an opt in/trade?!

J/k

I believe this and it sucks. It also sucks to see everyone wanting to dump CP3 for nada. His salary isn't going to net us anything more valuable than him even at his advanced age imo.

19. Chad Butler

Chad Butler Member

Why do y’all keep saying the trade would be for Chris? No disrespect but a lot of y’all on this forum are idiots. And y’all cry about every little thing the Rockets do too much for my liking. Constant pessimism isn’t a good thing.

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.
  20. TipsyDixit

TipsyDixit Member

We'll stop complaining if you tell us that your brother is coming to the Rockets

D-rock, Chad Butler and harold bingo like this.