1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron: Rudy out for the SEASON!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CompaqC, Mar 26, 2003.

1. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

With all do respect to Larry Smith, we really need you ready. Our prayers are with you and your family. We'll make you proud and go as far as we can in the playoffs. Thank you for the successful season and everything you've done for this organization.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

I'd like to think the players know what to do at this point in the season. Maybe Francis will take some leadership. The biggest thing we'll lose is the adjustments that Rudy could make in a seven game series. He had a gift for that. Except against Seattle.

3. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I agree wholeheartedly. This could be a great rallying point for the Rockets if they pitch it right.

4. iOrange

iOrange Contributing Member

Best wishes for Rudy.

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

There are no cancers on this team, just the heart of a champion, the heart of a gentleman.

Go Rudy T!

6. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

Godspeed Rudy!

I think the Rockets will be fine in the regular and post season.
    Essentially it all comes down to the players.

Those that wanted to fire/replace Rudy, be careful what u wish 4.

Go Rockets, 'Stros, Aeros, Comets, Coogs, and Texans!

7. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

I support that. We're a team of young MEN. Let's go out and win the game tonight and as many games for the remainder of the season and in the postseason for yourselves, for Rudy, and for all of the Rockets fans throughout the country and around the world.

8. Franchize3

Franchize3 Member

Good point. Think this may be an exuse for Rudy? Did his legal counsel tell him that this takes the heat off him to make the playoffs? I doubt it, but this situation definitely makes him "fire-proof."

9. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

How do you make a "Sticky:" anyway?

10. MadMonk

MadMonk Member

Very sad. There's not much good news in the world these days.
    All we can do is hope and stay positive. Rudy has always been a survivor and I am sure we are all 100% behind him in these difficult times. Get well soon, RudyT!

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I don't think Les would just come out and fire him per say. Rudy means too much to the organization and the city. But I wouldn't be surprised if they come to a "mutual decision" for Rudy to step down or something to that effect. Who knows? Not us. But like I said, it should be an interesting off-season.

Get well, Rudy!

12. Axeman

Axeman Member

I for one have always thought that Rudy is the right man to coach this team. My prayers are with him and his family. As a person who has been thru this with one of my family members, I can attest to the fact that trials like this make trivial things like basketball games seem just what they are --- trivial and meaningless in the grand scheme of life.

Actually, I guess this will be a good chance for all the Rudy hatas to see if it actually makes a difference not having him around. So far, I don't see that much difference other than that we beat the heck out of the Clippers for a change.... Big deal.

Rudy, my brother, get well soon. I have a feeling a lot of people who were bashing you are going to realize how much they miss you while you're gone.

13. Axeman

Axeman Member

I can't believe anyone would suggest that Rudy would use cancer as an excuse just in case the Rockets don't make the playoffs. Maybe you should check your heart and or mind for some cancerous understandings of life and what is truly important. You obviously have some deficiencies there.

14. aries323

aries323 Member

Get Well Soon RUDY!!!

15. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

If such a Mutual Decision is forthcoming (I am not one to call for it), then sooner would be better than later. I dont mean to be cold about it but there is much to be done and many decissions to be made this offseason. NB I do hope that Rudy T is able to be active for us this post season and during the offseason!
    NB = Note well

16. rocketsball2003

this just in, rudy is out for the season not the rest of his life... he is our coach and will be our coach untill otherwise told. he will not use this as an excuse if we dont make the playoffs, les wont say, "hey rudy since you had cancer in the past i think we need to talk about you not being here anymore"...

if you think rudy is on his way out you need to stop sniffing the paint, put your kool-aid down cuz it has something bad in it, go outside and take a breathe of fresh air and then start thinking again..

he has done too much for this org. and to even think he is on his way out is plain dumb. the only way rudy will not be a rocket head coach is when rudy no longer wants to be a rocket head coach. and if it hurts when i say that too freaking bad.

and another thing the nba is not the nhl where you can fire a coach when you are in first place with a month left in the season.

loyalty, some of you guys need to look that up. and rudy, i know you will be back so hurry up and get well cuz we need you out there, my brutha :)

17. xcharged

xcharged Member

From all the Rocket fans that tough out the bumpy ride and didn't b**** and whine from the back seat...

get well soon.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I predicted this would happen when it was announced that he had cancer.

Rudy needs to concentrate on getting better, and then basketball.

The team can rally around Mr. Mean, and right now, they need a more stern hand then Rudy delivers.

Get well Rudy, and GO MR. MEAN !!

DD

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I second that.

20. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

If the players lacked passion during the regular season then this should be their wake-up call.

If they can't rally around the life-threatening condition of a man whose name is synonymous with the Rockets organization, then the problem truly DOESN'T lie with Rudy.

Hell, right now Keith Jones should be able to coach this team to the playoffs.

Our prayers are with you Coach Tomjanovich.