1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Rockets talk to Knicks but still playing the field

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 16, 2010.

1. amaru

amaru Member

The rims in Toyota center can only take so many bricks......Mr. Brickshot is giving the rims all they can handle on a nightly basis.

If you bring Hughes in...then the rims might fall off! :eek: :(

2. Eddie281Houston

hell yeah!!!that daryl morey right there my *****!! :cool:

3. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

No, the Knicks trade is the best, you not only save the money for the future by getting young players, and also can use the picks and expiring contracts to get a all star player if there is a chance in the next trade. The rockets are not going to win a NBA title this or next year, no need to get another old role player in any trade.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

All right, a Jeff sighting! Now I'm positive things are going to work out. The karma is swinging our way. :cool:

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He probably is talking about you, since you contend:

Which completely ignores the fact that special talents achieved via draft have been key to pretty much every championship won in the NBA in the past, I don't know, 30 years.

I guess you could argue the Celtics and Pistons really really built more through other means than the draft, but when you consider the Celtics built by trading a #5 pick for Ray Allen and their best recent lotto pick in Al Jefferson for Kevin Garnett, they still also built by smartly acquiring draft picks.

Not to state the obvious, but pretty much all significant NBA players are drafted...so, yeah, the draft is pretty important.

Now, I understand the general direction you're coming from in regards to this trade. You thought Morey was going to turn a handkerchief into a rabbit and T-Mac was going to net us something better. Hey, that would be great, but I don't think it's lack of trying. They are where they are because the other teams asked for too much (i.e Brooks or Landry) and if doing a trade like the proposed Knicks one helps the Knicks, but also helps the Rockets, isn't that better than doing nothing at all?

1 person likes this.
  6. Nero

Nero Member

Thanks..

A POX on my stupid fingers! A thousand curses upon them!

7. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Nah, Trevor Ariza has tested them thoroughly this season. They're good.

:grin:

8. LALaw

LALaw Member

I don't like a single player on that Knicks team other than their starting PF David Lee. If the Knicks are the only real option, we are better off letting T-Slack rot on the bench the rest of the year and going after some free agents in July.

9. BimaThug

Supporting Member

Seriously???

Hey, Clutch, is there any way to split the BBS into a "Varsity" and a "JV" board?

I swear, I am THIS close to just occasionally lurking for news updates.

:mad:

10. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Just post your stuff on the super-secret "Mr. Roboto" forum, Bima.

11. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

If you do, please start tweeting. :)

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

what do you expect? i heard some dude (host) on 610 say basically the same thing about 25 minutes ago.

13. fryjol

fryjol Member

I disagree, Lanry, Brooks and Cbud are clear examples here. Parker and Ginobili in SA and Granger in Indy are examples that prove the draft a valuable tool

14. idrockfan

idrockfan Contributing Member

BimaThug, you are one of the only sane voices left. Hang in there. Us Oldschoolers still appreciate you.

15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Dude have I not told you to let it ride? It's obvious here who is worth discussing things with. Never take it personal :grin:

16. wardellp

wardellp Contributing Member

Hang in there BIMA. I feel your pain. ;)

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm so glad there are posters like you on this board to put things in perspective. So many people on this board are getting caught up in the PLAYERS in the deal....it's not about the players. It's about the fact that you could potentially snag 2 first rounders (Jordan Hill being one) and a second rounder for FREE essentially. T-Mac is walking at the end of the year regardless, and I have a feeling the impact his $7MM will have on the books (after signing Lowry and Scola) won't net a superstar in return. I say we take this deal and don't look back. All these people complaining now will be championing Morey in 2 years when this team is STACKED with young, cheap talent.

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

When we get ALL STAR Antawn Jamison (who's BETTER than Scola) and Deshawn Stevenson who'd be our BEST 2 guard... so what if we skip on a trade for 7 future 1st rounds picks,

If we make the 8th seed THIS year and then have only 2 LLE's to improve for the next 5 years, we'll be sitting PRETTY

:eek:

19. BimaThug

Supporting Member

I'll admit, you've told me this on several occasions.

The problem is, I never know if it is just some guy who needs the information and will then "get it". I always want to give people the benefit of the doubt. Maybe that's my fault. It's just so annoying when you see the same idiotic drivel AFTER you've explained the facts to people.

Seriously, though, if there were a separate "velvet rope" forum that only hand-selected posters could visit to discuss Rockets roster moves, etc. (not that I presume to be included on any such list), I would be more inclined to stop being a cheapskate and contribute money to the site.

20. killtaker

killtaker Contributing Member