1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Chron] Rockets talk to Knicks but still playing the field

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 16, 2010.

1. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

I'd rather do the Brad Miller, John Salmons, Tyrus Thomas trade with Chicago.

At least we would only be on the hook for John Salmons $6mil for next year instead of Jared Jeffries. At least Salmons fills a need (SG) and played great under Adelman in his coming out party in Sac-town. Tyrus Thomas could be flipped this summer in a SnT. We could possibly bring Brad Miller back on the cheap for a Yao back-up. Besides draft picks, I think this is a better talent upgrade. Jordan Hill was about to get sent to the D-League on a bad team. At least with the Bulls package, you know what oyur getting.

2. C-Mo

C-Mo Member

Larry Hughes? Thats more disappointing than getting Jeffries back in the deal. I know that Hughes has an expiring contract and all but has anyone seen his stats? 36% from the field and 28% from 3. To call him a chucker is an insult to all chuckers!

If Hughes does come back in a trade, hopefully he has 30 suits he can wear so he can finish out the season in street clothes. Dont want him anywhere near the court.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

Janitor suits, my friend. Janitor suits.

4. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Yup, I liked this one from the start. Brad Miller is what I like the most because he could be our starting center now. 2 players who played for RA before, what more can you ask ?

5. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I know his reputation as a guy who takes bad shots. I feel you on that, but im just saying he does have a skill set that none of our other SFs or SGs have. I just reserve judgement until I see a guy practice and play a few games in our system. It's not like he is Marbury and is a locker room killer. We have players that are good offensive rebounders so that may mean more boards for them (I kid)...

Oh well, I guess we wait til Thursday to see what Morey has put together. Sort of like that TV show says.. "move that bus!" haha Then the report comes out what players and or picks are coming our way. Going to be fun either way. I have enjoyed all of the surpises Morey has given us so far.

6. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

What do you think Philly would give us if we gave them Hughes and took back Dalembert? Would they be willing to part with their draft pick non-lottery protected? Would they be willing to throw us Speights with Dally?

??????

7. rocketnam

rocketnam Member

THE TRADE IS TERRIBLE.YOU STILL DONT BRING IN A SERIOUS BIG MAN.
    YOU STILL LACK SOMEONE TO DEFEND THE PAINT.ITS NOT JUST REBOUNDS THAT HOUSTON FALLS SHORT IN.

JUST HOLD OFF FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON.THEN AT LEAST HOUSTON CAN BRING IN SOMEONE THAT CAN REALLY FILL THE VOID AND PRODUCE THE NUMBERS.

HOUSTON HAS WAITED THIS LONG.MIGHT AS WELL HOLD OFF TILL THE END OF THE SEASON.

HOUSTON NEEDS TALENT NOT PLAYERS THAT FILL THE POSITION.WHAT THE HECK IS MOREY AND HIS STAFF THINKING?....

8. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

I read the last paragraph to mean:

Morey to other GMs: This is what I can get from the Knicks, beat their offer or I will be happy to take it.

9. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

That's great. The Morey Eel will make you squeal!!!

I don't really care if we have to take Hughes. At least Harrington might help them keep Utah's pick out of the John Wall neighborhood. Really don't care for the Miller/Salmons package. Would rather let us play out the season like we are, and get a higher draft pick.

My only worry is Morey waiting too long, and some other team deciding to take Jeffries for Hill + picks instead of us.

10. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

You're kinda glossing over the key part, there, buddy.

This is like saying that, besides Pau Gasol, the Lakers really got shafted by the Grizzlies in having to part with Kwame Brown's large expiring contract.

:p

11. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I meant do the NY deal 1st, and then play out the season like we are then.

12. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Chicago definitely has the better players to make a trade with. I'm glad Morey is holding out til the last minute on this one. Bidding wars are when the seller gets the best deal and the funny thing is they are fighting over a chance to land Wade/Lebron/Bosh with absolutely no gurantee that any will sign with them.

13. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Yao is our serious big man. How many teams have two "serious" big men? We still have time to find a serviceable backup this summer.

If we also get draft picks with the deal those are for future bargaining chips. That is why Morey wants the picks in the deal.

We also get under the lux tax for next year so we can resign guys like Lowry and Scola and extend Landry. We keep our your talent and build upon it.

Not a terrible trade...

14. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

If its Chicago, the only way I'm taking Salmons off their hands is if they give us Noah. T. Thomas is not a young prospect anymore and his value is limited. If its for expirings only, then thats fine, but if they want us to take Salmons, they better offer some picks like NY, or offer Noah in an exchange for Scola.

15. Nero

Nero Member

It means DM is going to keep teasing us until 11:59PM 2/28/2010
    ;)

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

it would be interesting if the morey was somehow able to grease the wheels so that the cavs and the heat both get a top player (jamison or amare) to go along with their superstars so that the knicks don't have a chance in hell at wade or lebron.

17. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Fixed ;)

18. RedRowdy111

A draft pick in 3 years that could be anywhere, after NY clears all its bad contracts, just doesnt seem to get me very excited now.

And a POSSIBLE swap of picks next year.

To take on expiring contracts and a guy that cant even get playing time on a bad team. He was going to be D-league bound if it wasnt for the trade deadline. A guy that is documented as having a low basketball IQ.

I just dont know. I dont like the varibles in the deal. Makes it shakey, and could be a huge blunder.

19. RedRowdy111

Forgot to mention we would be the only suckers in the league that would take on Jefferies, who has been available for trade for two years.

I heard he has a trade kicker too, any truth to that?

Wow, just lots of smoke and mirrors.

20. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, CAN'T YOU SEE, SOMETIMES YOUR PLAYMAKING AND SLASHING SKILLS HYPNOTIZE ME!