1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Rockets take off like jet with 100-point games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GRENDEL, Mar 20, 2007.

1. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

Feigen should pre-post his articles to the CF.net bbs and let us fact-check him :p

2. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Ummm - you missed my point entirely.

:rolleyes:

3. Htown57

Htown57 Member

I agree that the early season offense was weak, my argument is that it's better now. The weakness of the early season offense is due partly to the insistence that the ball get pounded to yao (which is JVGs fault), and partly due to the way t mac was playing (two factors which were probably co-productive). We all remember the "i feel like there are things i can't do" t-mac discussion, even the occasional "trade t-mac" thread. He wasn't agressive or confident, and that, combined with the insistence on yao as first option, made the offense stagnant.

What makes a good coach, though, isn't the initial gameplan or strategy for the season, its the ability to make adjustments in order to maximize the value of your players, and i think since yao got hurt, JVG has pretty much done that. After T-Mac's Waco-Voodoo-Rebirth, JVG put the offense in his hands--i couldn't find a quote in the 2 minutes i looked, but i distinctly remember gundy saying in response to all the "Yao's return will mess up our chemistry" comments that the offense would be more fluid and that t mac would get the majority of looks early in possessions.

Of course, you're absolutely right that romping on teams with young, undisciplined players is totally and entirely different from beating a smart, intense team with a championship pedigree like the Pistons, but the progress is certainly encouraging. And you're right that we'll see thursday just how encouraged we should be.

In the meantime, the least we can do is tell anyone advocating "fire JVG" (in the midst of a season where he is one of the top 3 candidates for coach of the year, no less) to can it.

4. Madman George

Madman George Member

A rockets is faster than a jet. if a rocket takes off like a jet that means it slow. just wrong simile is all.

5. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

You said our 'D disappeared', you were wrong, were you not?

You openly wonder whether JVG 'has seen the light' and apparently somehow changed to your way of thinking, yet any can see that the offense has improved because our TOP SCORER has returned.

Very simple.

#25 Cohen, Mar 21, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2007