1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[chron] Rockets send message to McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by the_hustler, Jan 13, 2009.

1. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

It's about time they started to treat Tracy more like a "man", and less like a 7 yr old that your scared to their feelings.

"Yes, Tracy it's ok we know it hurts, but you did a good job anyway, Next time you'll do better. "

Give me a brake!~ At least most of the fans, management and media our finally in agreement with what I've been hollering for a couple of years now. That Tracy is nothing more than "FOOLS GOLD". You think you have something valuable and it will take you all the way, but at the end of the day you can't get anything out of it or for it and just seems to fizzle out at all the right times.
    Tracy "Fools Gold" Mcgrady

Rockets management didn't have any problem throwing Stevie under the bus, but they walk on egg shells with Tracy.

"Steve Francis wanted to play every game that he was suited up for after coming back from injury. He did not play. What was the reasoning? He was not conditioned, and other players who were at practice and playing everyday deserved the playing time ahead of him."

This {Tracy for Steve trade} was a bad deal. We haven't got any further with Tracy that we did with Steve and I'd much rather have had a player that shows some passion on the floor or acts like he wants to play.

2. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

its more about tracy thinking that a "superstar" should not have to work to be better than everyone else. he thinks he can continue to coast on talent alone, as he has for his entire career.

3. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Good article. I can't believe it took this long for the team to figure out what to do.

But going into the season who could have predicted that THREE of our key players would be in and out of the line-up almost half-way into the season.

Well, maybe we should've known. It's the Rockets...

I think the team can compete without McGrady which is different than prior years, but to win consistently? I think probably not.

4. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Agreed, MayoRocket.

I also liked what one of the commenters on that story said. As much as we hate the Utah Jazz, what they did this season is what the Rockets should have done from the get go. Deron Williams missed a considerable amount of time to start the season, and they shut down Boozer. They turned to their role players who stepped up big and now they're right there in the thick of things. Had the Rockets done this with McGrady and Artest they would be in much better shape now -- it's too bad it's taken this long for them to figure out the right thing to do. It's now obvious that Battier was the only smart one of the bunch in his decision to just sit out ... even though the revolving door of lineups forced him to play some too.

Marc Stein remarked in his power rankings yesterday that the NYK game was the tenth consecutive different starting lineup for Rick Adelman. 10th! He marveled that the Rockets are 9 games over .500 in spite of this, and I think it's remarkable too. Adelman does deserve some criticism for not putting his foot down about these injuries earlier, but I think he also deserves a lot of kudos for managing to keep the team above water through all the turmoil ... this could easily have been a recipe for a 15-24 record rather than a 24-15 record.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this is a very intriguing angle....

6. flyguy2000

flyguy2000 Member

hmm...i too, used to be on LSD

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think people are reading way too much inbetween the lines here. I don't think the organization has decided anything but for t-mac to get healthy before they make any kind of decision.

I hope t-mac takes a full month off to recuperate and condition. I hope artest comes back 100%. That should be the motto - 100% or you are on the bench.

But T-mac isn't going to be traded. It makes absolutely no sense to do so.

8. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Who's the problem though? Look at the Rockets play in and out every night. The team is made up of solid professionals who bust their asses in games--Battier, Hayes, Scola, Yao, etc. etc. Even the young guns, Brooks and Landry and Wafer, don't need to be motivated.

When you've got grown men making millions of dollars they should be able to motivate themselves. Adelman's player friendly style works for 90% of the team. It doesn't work for McGrady.

9. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Check out Doc Rocket's post in the "Rox fed up with Tmac" thread. It sounds like the Rockets basically told Tracy to take a hike.

10. Ari

Ari Member

Do NOT bring him back in two weeks. Tell him he will sit through the All Star break, and then he will be eased back into the lineup coming off the bench in limited minutes until he proves he is 100% and willing and able to play through everything. If the Rockets bring him back in two weeks time again, it will be a huge mistake. That is NOT enough time to recondition and regain strength back into his knee.

This is the last chance for the Rockets to salvage this season, they need to get it right. Give him until the All Star break, him not playing until then won't change much for the Rockets anyways.

11. SugarLandDream8

I think a lot of it is to spare mentally weak Mcgrady from the fans at the Toyota Center. They don't want to see several thousand fans boo Mcgrady.

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I don't see the "huge negative message" here that some of you seem to make it out to be.
    <br>
    Its just Richard "the worst sports writer for the chron" Justice regurgitating the same things that have been said over again..

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

There is no doubt that played into their thinking...he needs some positive time on the court where he is playing like the old McGrady for fans to forgive him for quitting on the team last week.

DD

14. worzel gummidge

It appears you've missed the latest Doc Rocket post. Here it is.
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=4156957&postcount=406

15. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

How the hell did Doc Rocket become the all-knowing seer on this board? I've yet to see anything of any real substance from this person.

16. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Ask HeyPartner...he'll tell you.

17. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

He's supposed to be an insider with the Rockets organization. All of the old timers give him props so I'm going with the assumption that he's legit.

18. Good Times

Good Times Member

"How the hell did Doc Rocket become the all-knowing seer on this board? I've yet to see anything of any real substance from this person."

Doc has provided insider news on trades (or possible trades) for the Rockets before they happen (or get reported). I don't recall if all the trades that Doc has mentioned have actually happened but I do believe what Doc says is true to be on the table at Rockets HQ.

Doc seems to know what's on the menu but it seems only Morey makes the orders and when it happens everyone knows by then. Doc has even mentioned other NBA trade rumors such as when Shaq was headed to Phoenix.

Also important to note that Clutch probably would have kicked him out by now if he didn't know who Doc was or believed him too. That's enough for me and it keeps me looking forward to Doc's posts. If only Popeye (or Olipere) would come back once in a while too.

19. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Someone mentioned that he posted the news of Franscis/Tmac trade before it was reported on the radios and the papers, that alone says something, do not believe he comes here just joking around, he knows something which we do not know.

20. solid

solid Contributing Member