1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[chron] Rockets send message to McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by the_hustler, Jan 13, 2009.

1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

McGrady wanted to play when Battier was out, Battier wanted to play when McGrady was out, Artest wanted to play when McGrady was out.

Can't blame Adelman. Despite what the board likes to say, all 3 of our players are warriors and tries their best to do what is best for the team. The board fails to appreciate this fact, and we end up putting most of the blame on either Adelman or McGrady (naturally).

2. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

Francis wanted to play every night. I don't recall him playing after his return. Unfortunately, they are players and should not be making that call. I like Adelman a lot, but I think he was too laid back with this injury situation with all of his players.

3. Rockets_Truth

Rockets_Truth Contributing Member

I knew it! Dont you guys know what hes trying to tell us?!? Were trading McGrady for Lebron James! :eek:

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Huh? Obviously you don't know how to decipher a cryptic message. We're trading Ron Artest back for Jeff Green, but only if Dallas manages to win the SouthWest division.Artest probably won't see it coming, so when he comes back after one or two weeks so he's gonna be in denial. As a sweetener DM will also trade Head for Jason "Popcorn" Thompson, but only if Thompson will agree to the deal.

5. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

Even if Tracey was not ready before the deadline morey woulg not trade him unless it was in exchange for a dwade which is highly unlikely. With that said tmac is the complete package regardless of his gameplay as of late. Tmac hasn't played like this his whole career. The only speculation that he is a quitter that could be used is in Orlando when he stopped playing defense. And even if tmac were to do that we would still win with his scoring ability. He has the perfect character and attitude on/off the court. Obviously tmac is still himself just hurt like the op said if tmac can't tolerate the pain its because it hurts and he is the only one that is having to play with the pain. Give tmac the neccesary time to recuperate he will be back at his usual form

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Anyone else notice a complete change in direction as to how they treat Mcgrady.

The organization used to protect him by covering for him with the way they spoke to the media. That has changed.....now it is just the truth.

I think this is the first time in his life that Tmac has gotten a dose of tough love, of put up or shut up....it will be interesting to see how he responds.

DD

7. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

LMAO!!

8. Gwalchmai

Gwalchmai Member

Wouldn't it be ironic if the Rockets make it to the play-offs and get out of the first round with T-Mac on the bench.

9. jason2

jason2 Member

most likely with Von Wafer's current performance.

10. DaDakota

You add in Artest and Battier and if Wafer keeps it up they are good enough to compete without Tmac...

DD

11. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I agree, and that is why he can take his time to fully recover and rebuild the strength. Actually I don't think is is about that knee. I think his both legs are just weak, he needs to work on it, and that is why the team decided to have him out.

With that roster, playing hard EVERY night, we can be still a good team. Gimpy T-Mac doesn't help at all. So it is better to play without him for a while and than make sure you have a real T-Mac. And when you add a real T-Mac to this mix, Rockets will be pretty much unstopable.

You will have McGrady, Yao and Artest. Because so far McGrady hasn't been a scoring option at all.

12. DaDakota

I hope Tmac works hard and gets in shape...really to me, it is all about him being afraid to push himself for fear of his knee giving out.

Once he goes up strong, slams it down.....and finds out his knee is not going to fall off, I think he will go on from there.

He just needs to believe in himself.....and his abilities.....weird that a player that talented has a confidence problem.

DD

13. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

My question:

Will 2 week rest help at all? It's more than half a year after the minor surgery, what can two extra weeks do?

14. DaDakota

It is not two weeks of rest, it is two weeks of conditioning...you know...rehab....strengthening...hard work....things that he could have and should have done over the summer.

But, whatever, it is what it is....glad the team is taking a stand....FINALLY !!

DD

15. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Maybe not all about that, but this is a big part, for sure.

I think T-Mac understands the situation now. Sitting out for 2 weeks didn't help earlier, limited minutes didn't help, missing 1 game of every back to backs didn't help...

He knows he HAS TO work hard now (and I am sure he will). And he will not come back untill he is really 100%. He should have done that earlier, but he rushed. Now he has to make sure.

16. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Adelman isn't the guy the Rockets just smacked down, T-Mac is. Some of you guys need a reality check. This isn't about an "injury". T-Mac isn't hurt. This is about T-Mac not putting out any effort and quitting on the team.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens in two weeks. If T-Mac comes back and refuses to play the offense and refuses to work hard I don't see any other choice but to bench him and move him in the off-season.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I hope the Rockets catch fire without Tracy and go to the conference finals without him. That would be so sweet!

18. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

The invertebrate on the team isn't Adelman.

19. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Ron is in and out of games, but he played hard whenever he played. That's not the case for Tmac.

20. DaDakota

I disagree, I think he is one of them.....seems to be three that I can see.

1. Tmac
    2. Adelman
    3. Morey

None of them seem to be stepping up and taking charge. As someone who has managed people and companies for over 20 years......this is alarming to me.

DD